NetTalk Central

Author Topic: NT 7.27 Regression problems with browses.  (Read 1745 times)

Rob Kolanko

• View Profile
NT 7.27 Regression problems with browses.
« on: October 22, 2013, 12:34:21 PM »
Hi Bruce.
Upgraded from NT7.25 to NT7.27. I am having issues with many of my browses since the upgrade.  I have not been able to isolate all the problems to put into examples yet. When the browse is embedded into a form and the browse has the “Double click browse to form” option set to ON where there is no form associated to the browse, but there are buttons on the form that use the selected browse record for a function, the browse will sometimes freeze or unpredictable results occur when selecting records and/or pressing the form buttons. I am working to determine when the issues occur. But, setting  “Double click browse to form” option set to “off” has significant and easily repeatable errors. So I am sending you an example of this issue first.

The attached view01 example has the “Double click browse to form” option set to “off” in the default setting of the webserver extension. On both the single and multiple table examples, selecting a record other than the first  record and pressing the change button no longer fetches the selected record. Also the browse will freeze when pressing the “next” button for the next page of records. On the multiple table example, pressing the filter buttons no longer work.

Turning the “Double click browse to form” option set to “on”, fixes the above examples problems. However, I personally do not like the double click feature for most of my browses and will want to set the feature default to “off”.

Thanks,
Rob

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 12:39:30 PM by Rob Kolanko »

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NT 7.27 Regression problems with browses.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 04:53:25 AM »
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the example. I've fixed the problem when double-click is of - and _perhaps_ when it is on.
I've attached a ZIP with 2 files.
NOTE: This is _ONLY_ for use with build 7.27. Use with any other build will be a problem.

a) netweb.tpw - this goes into \clarion9\accessory\template\win
b) jquery.nt-browse.js - this goes into \clarion9\accessory\libsrc\win\netweb\web\scripts
b1) then run COPYALL.BAT in your app folder
b2) then run GZIPALL.BAT in your app folder.

Be careful with steps b, b1 and b2 - get them wrong and it may not help.

let me know if this helps you. As I say I think it'll take care of both cases and if so it'll be in 7.28 - but I'd be interested in feedback in the short term.

cheers
Bruce

[attachment deleted by admin]

Rob Kolanko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 08:22:13 AM »
Thanks Bruce,
I will test with files provided. However after I posted the message, I noticed that the browse issues where fixed if I set the “Double click browse to form” option for each browse and did not use leave the setting to "default". I will see if your changes will fix the "default" setting as well.

Rob

Rob Kolanko

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 02:22:28 PM »
Hi Bruce,
Yes, the fix appears to correct the problems with the browses in both the example and my current application. Since in my app, I had manually set the  “Double click browse to form” option for each browse, I had to change the browses settings back to default and the browse behaved normally. Also browses that where not connected to forms behaved normally even when the default  “Double click browse to form” option was set to 'yes'. I think this is where I found the other issues before as well. Often browses are used in selection of values in look-ups and are not associated to a form. I am still testing and will have high volume user testing next week.  I will let you know if there are any issues.

Thanks,
Rob
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 05:42:24 AM by Rob Kolanko »

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 09:46:29 PM »
thanks Rob.