NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Auto Cleanup of My Field - How To Turn Off  (Read 2370 times)

David

• View Profile
Auto Cleanup of My Field - How To Turn Off
« on: November 07, 2008, 10:50:06 AM »
I have a NetWebForm that has several fields.  One of these fields is intended to store a password.  The passwords can be Alpha, numeric, and special characters.

When tabbing off the field and having entered: ?4nw/#fi4f

everything to the left of the / is cleared.  After playing around, it appears the /# combination is what is triggering the effect.  I checked the Form template and can not find a setting to allow xHTML for a particular field.  The string length is 200 and no validation has been set on the dictionary side.

Does anyone know what I might look for or what to change to fix this?

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Cleanup of My Field - How To Turn Off
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 05:19:39 PM »
Hi David,

try changing the field to be a "text" field. that has an xHtml setting. Mind you, I'm not sure that'll solve the problem. I'm investigating further.

Cheers
Bruce

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 05:25:52 PM »
Hi David,

ok, you don't need to make it a text field, but what you do need to do is make sure the field is _not_ sent to the server in "real time".

ie turn off auto-validate for the field, make sure it doesn't "reset" any other fields, and has "send new value to server" off.

the problem of "interpreting" the string is in the client-side (javascript) code, not the server side code. But by not sending the value to server, you can bypass the javascript code for now.

Cheers
Bruce

David

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 07:40:24 PM »
Thank you Bruce, turning off auto-validation did the trick.