NetTalk Central

Author Topic: programmatically click two buttons on a form?  (Read 2745 times)

pcrafton

• View Profile
    • Email
programmatically click two buttons on a form?
« on: April 03, 2008, 05:49:43 PM »
Nettalk 4.30

I am passing data to a form from another web page, having done that,  how do I , or can I, programmatically click two buttons on the form. One is the Query(Display), and the Other is a Link(Display) to the web server to serve up the created web page with the results?

Regards

Paul Crafton

Mike Grigsby

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - onthedotsoftware
    • View Profile
    • MyHomeAssets! Software (among others)
Re: programmatically click two buttons on a form?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 06:42:14 AM »
Hi Paul, Since you haven't had any responses yet, maybe it's not just me that doesn't understand what you're trying to do. Can you describe the scenario, either actual, or in terms we all might relate to, like customer/invoice/items, etc.? Are you trying to pass some information to a search field at the top of a browse?
Mike Grigsby
Credify Systems
Central Oregon, USA

pcrafton

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 10:10:17 AM »
ok. Let me clarify...I am passing a value back to a form from another page. I retrieve that session value and populate a field on my form. I guess what I want to do is auto submit my form if a particular field has a value in it, forget about the second button issue.

Thanks for being interested.

Paul Crafton

Rob Mikkelsen

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - flashpott
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 01:56:34 PM »
I usually do things the hard way on forms and one day will have the epiphony that will save me a lot of time; however, this is what I would do:

Prior to calling the page that will update the form, I would set a flag (let's call it autosubmit).  At the top the page I would embed a websource procedure.

The first thing to check on the web source procedure would be to see if the autosubmit variable is set.  If so, manually write all the data in the form prior to displaying the page. Be sure to clear the "autosubmit" variable so it doesn't save every time through.

As I said, this is the sledgehammer way to do it.  This NetTalk toolbox has a myriad of tools in it, but if a hammer worked for me before, I tend to continue using the hammer.  I am sure that there are much more elegant solutions available.

Rob Mikkelsen