NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Beginner's question: "Error in site JavaScript"  (Read 2442 times)

KraigW

• View Profile
    • Email
Beginner's question: "Error in site JavaScript"
« on: March 23, 2014, 09:15:48 AM »
Using NetTalk 8.01 and C9.0.10376, when compiling/running the example files I consistently have a problem returning from an edit form where it seems like my server app has "forgotten" about the CSS.  I get fairly plain text with a message that says "Error in site JavaScript".  Refreshing the browser window has no effect.  If I close my browser, reopen it and go back to the same page, I get the same display error.  But if I close the server app and restart it, everything is back to normal.

I can even keep the browser open, close the server app / restart it, then refresh the window in the browser and all displays properly again.

Until I visit a form.

This is happening in every demo app as well as the very small programs I have created using different themes.  

What could be causing this?

Update:  I tried Bruce J's suggestion about deleting the GZip files from the Basic Browse and Form scripts folder, but that broke the app.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 09:25:30 AM by KraigW »

olu

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Beginner's question: "Error in site JavaScript"
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 10:00:47 AM »
Hi Kraig,
     In my case what i did was uninstall nettalk and then reinstall it. And then it went away, but with nettalk 8 you might want to update your version from 8.01 to 8.02 and see if that solved the problem.

tglomb

• View Profile
    • AObit Software
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 10:30:31 AM »
Hi Kraig,
I had a similar prob.. I changed something in the RED File and then the CopyAll.bat and the GzipAll.bat could not work properly. Make sure that the .bat's getting copied into your project folder and that the web folder is also there.
I hope it helps, Thomas

KraigW

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 10:38:55 AM »
Tglomb: Yes, I've found some interesting things NOT to change in the RED file myself.  My favorite was adding an entry for EXP files... after that, added procedures and changes to parameters were not recognized by my programs.  It took WAY too long to figure out what That problem was.  :'(

Olu:  Updating to the current versions of the various Capesoft products seems to have fixed things.

Thanks guys.
Kraig

terryd

• View Profile
    • Davcomm
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 02:00:07 AM »
Have you tried checking the dont check javascript box on the webserver netalk object settings\advanced tab

[attachment deleted by admin]
Terry Davidson
Windows 10 64 bit/Windows7 64bit
Clarion 9.1.11529/Clarion10 12567
Nettalk 913
Nettalk 1015
StringTheory267/Winevent515/XFiles298/MessageBox239/Cryptonite186

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 05:05:55 AM »
this was a bug in 8.01, as pointed out it's gone away if you use the latest build.

cheers
Bruce
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 11:36:09 PM by Bruce »