NetTalk Central

Author Topic: how 2 overwrite nettalk-ui.css ?  (Read 3631 times)

tglomb

• View Profile
    • AObit Software
    • Email
how 2 overwrite nettalk-ui.css ?
« on: March 03, 2014, 03:45:03 PM »
I could change a lot of settings I needed to change with my own theme like CSS. But nettalk-ui.css is the last man who wins... Does it means that all settings inside nettalk-ui.css I cannot overwrite ?

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: how 2 overwrite nettalk-ui.css ?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 08:16:07 PM »
Your custom.css comes after nettalk ui, so that wins.

tglomb

• View Profile
    • AObit Software
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 02:21:45 PM »
I was not clear enough, sorry..
I want to give the users the possibility to choose a theme at runtime. No prob so far. But I must overwrite some settings in each theme with different, "theme dependent" values. It means that I have several custom.css wich are identical regarding the selectors and properties but with different values for each theme.
I cannot make it out how to accomplish this.. Is there a way to do this ?
TIA, Thomas

kevin plummer

• View Profile
    • Production Accounting and Software Payroll
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 10:25:34 PM »
I think you can roll your own themes via JQuery website which you can then add to your website and allow your users to choose at run time which may be easier than using custom.css

tglomb

• View Profile
    • AObit Software
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 01:46:24 AM »
Hi Kevin,
yes, I designed my themes with ThemeRoller and it is really great. But these themes are not covering the "NT specialities" or it's overwritten by the nt-ui css. Out of the box general pages and especially forms looking really good.
But if I start with a greenish theme with greenish browse (the browse part overwritten by my custom.css) and the user selects a reddish theme at runtime he will still have a greenish browsebox... brrrrr..
Got the picture ?

General.. why I'm doing this..
I make software for radiology. In this market it is standard to skin the UI with darkish colors. This comes from the diagnostic work of the radiologists and has something to do with retinal adaption.

Nick

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 07:20:21 AM »
>But if I start with a greenish theme with greenish browse (the browse part overwritten by my custom.css) and the user selects a reddish theme at >runtime he will still have a greenish browsebox... brrrrr..

It seems as you took too much of the "greenish browse" theme CSS in your custom CSS.
In most cases it is just a matter of positioning and resizing and that leaves all color stuff as it is.
I do custom CSS myself and can switch between themes with no problem.
Just switch and (not forget) refresh the browser.

Nick

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 09:50:37 AM »
On the Styles / Files tab, where you set the "custom.css" added to your styles list, there's also a box there for adding custom _theme_ files. So typically I'd add something like customT.Css there. Then in each theme you can have a different cstomT.css file.

So, in other words, you can add custom files that are "common" and in the styles folder, and files which are in the themes\whatever folders, and which are different for each theme.

cheers
Bruce

tglomb

• View Profile
    • AObit Software
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 10:34:32 AM »
Thanks Bruce.
Exactly this way I tried the first time.. but it didnt worked.. Surely I did it wrong..