NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Wizard Validation Issue  (Read 2935 times)

trent

• View Profile
    • Email
Wizard Validation Issue
« on: August 25, 2015, 09:58:27 PM »
Hi Bruce,

Still working on the login form here on the 'Sites' example I created a few weeks ago and have found a problem with the validation.

The problem exists when the database is in 'Single Site Mode' and not in 'Multi-Site Mode', meaning there are no real links to any sites for each user, there is only 1 site that all users log into.

If a user does not have access to login, then the validation takes the user who is logging in to the second tab to select the 'Site', instead of staying on the first tab to allow for trying again. The user can press the 'Back' button but this then disables the 'Save/Login' button and the user cannot try logging in again.

Attached is an example app. The 'Demo' user does not have access to login. The 'Test' user does have access.

What can we do here?

Regards,
Trent

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Validation Issue
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 02:04:31 AM »
Hi Trent,

I think the issue might be in the ValidateUpdate routine.
But I admit to being very confused -this login window seems very complicated.

Firstly, in my test, I noticed that even though you said "login failed" the user was in fact logged in. (at least the menu seemed to think so 'cause it changed to showing the logout button.)

So you have login code in ValidateRecord - but you also have login code in the ValidateLogin routine you've created.
But like I say, I'm struggling to follow your code so I'm really not sure what's happening where.

With regard to why it opens on the second tab -when it validates the tab it identifies which field is "not right" and then takes the user to that tab. So I suspect it's detecting the drop (somewhat correctly) as being the "not right" item, and hence going there.

As an aside, have you considered a simpler login approach? ie

a) normal login screen to verify login and password.
then take user to

b) "select database" screen. (or alternatively, if there's only 1 database show the database name, auto-click the button here, and move on...)

I think part of the problem here is because you're needing to do the validation twice.

Cheers
Bruce

trent

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 02:18:32 AM »
I thought I was trying to keep it simple by having the whole login process on one form. Two forms it is then.

BTW how is the next version of NT coming along with the update to jQuery Mobile?

Regards,
Trent

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 11:31:58 PM »
Hi Trent,

I'll be releasing the 8.60 build today hopefully - but this does not include the jQuery Mobile upgrade. It seems the upgrade is not 100% backward compatible and I need to spend some time on it to adjust the template where necessary.

I fly off to devcon in a little over 2 weeks now, so I'm unlikely to make that update before I leave. The chance of breaking something is high, and while I'm away I can't respond with fixes as fast as I'd like to - so that build will probably only get out soon after I get back. (early October.)

Sorry
bruce

trent

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 09:22:50 PM »
Thank you. Enjoy DevCon!

Regards,
Trent