NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Changing the inital selected field on a NetWebForm  (Read 2156 times)

Rob Kolanko

• View Profile
Changing the inital selected field on a NetWebForm
« on: September 24, 2012, 12:26:33 PM »
When a WebNetForm page is first displayed, the first field on the form is selected, which in my case is a java script button.  Thus the button is displayed in a highlight mode like the cursor is over the button. Is it possible to prevent selecting the first field when generating this form?
Thanks
Rob Kolanko

Rob Kolanko

• View Profile
Re: Changing the inital selected field on a NetWebForm
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 07:54:56 PM »
Bump this message.
I suspect there is a session variable that can be changed to prevent the first field of the page from being "selected" after the page is first generated. Hopefully someone will know it.
Thanks,
Rob Kolanko
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 07:57:27 PM by Rob Kolanko »

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 04:04:43 AM »
Hi Rob,

as it happens, there's no easy way to set the "first field" at the moment. The "first field" is given the focus by some JavaScript which works reasonably hard to figure out which field is first. (For example, it skips over read-only, or hidden fields etc. also fields in html do not necessarily declare the fields in vertical order, so the first field "on the page" is not necessarily the first field "in the html".)

what you want is one of two things, although I suspect ultimately we want both to be in play;

a) a SKIP attribute, similar to the windows Skip attribute - although unlike the windows one this would really only be "skip on open", not "skip on tab".

b) the ability to set a field explicitly as the "first field".

cheers
Bruce

Jeffrey Kuijt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 06:53:14 AM »
Hi Bruce,

Those options would be very nice!
Please, please...

Best regards
Jeffrey

Rob Kolanko

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 05:44:57 AM »
Bruce,
Thanks for the update. At least I know that there is no easy solution, then I will adjust the layout of some pages keeping in mind that the first field will be highlighted.
Rob Kolanko