NetTalk Central

Author Topic: AutoComplete is acting VERY strange  (Read 1622 times)

John Fligg

• View Profile
    • Ambrit Software
    • Email
AutoComplete is acting VERY strange
« on: February 17, 2012, 04:21:57 AM »
Ever since AutoComplete was added I have been getting something very strange indeed.

Every so often in testing I will find that my entry field is only allowing me to enter 3 characters. It has even happened on fields that are not auto complete enabled.

The latest one I found has been working all morning. I went to add autocomplete (using Search), recompiled and when I type in a name into the field it refuses me to enter more than 3 characters.

Bruce is there anything in the autocomplete code related to 3 characters by any chance. I have to delete the field and recreate it to make it allow me to enter more than 3 characters.

Thanks

John

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: AutoComplete is acting VERY strange
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 04:50:45 AM »
>> Every so often in testing I will find that my entry field is only allowing me to enter 3 characters. It has even happened on fields that are not auto complete enabled.

so what is the hypothetical link then between 3 chars and auto-complete?
Given the list of changes made in 6.18 and 6.19, why do you think auto-complete is involved here?

use Firebug to inspect the entry field. Is the MaxLength set? Is the size set?

cheers
Bruce

John Fligg

• View Profile
    • Ambrit Software
    • Email
Re: AutoComplete is acting VERY strange
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 05:16:44 AM »
Checked generated code etc. and everyhting says string @s20 or whatever. I know it makes absolutely no sense at all and all I know is it happened when autocomplete was introduced Bruce.

Gotta go out but will recreate the field when i get back and see how it goes from there.

John