NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Signature field breaks form  (Read 3067 times)

hkalmbach

• View Profile
    • Email
Signature field breaks form
« on: December 31, 2016, 02:06:47 AM »
Hi together,

I have the problem that one form with tabs and a signature field breaks, see picture and error messages on it.
With my development computer it works, but if I run the webserver on another server the page breaks.
If I deactivate the signature field (include condition) then it works.
I copied the complete webfolder of my development computer to the server.

Does someone know what can be the reason?

Thanks for help.

Cheers
Heinz

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Signature field breaks form
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 03:38:35 AM »
Would be interesting to know what is different between the development machine and the production machine.
Perhaps try pressing Ctrl-F5 in a browser on your development machine to see if that helps break it there?

cheers
Bruce

hkalmbach

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 01:29:02 AM »
Hi Bruce,

CTRL-F5 does not change things. On the development computer everything is ok, on the server CTRL-F5 does not solve the problem.

But I found out one more fact:
- the problem may be a problem of the complexivity of the form: there are several tabls on the form, the main tab for the fields of the table, the others for related informations (other web procedures)
- recently I added on more tab, this is a net browse procedure which shows related data
- if I restart the web server (on the server I spoke of) and first call the form with a record where no related data on the new tab exist all is displayed ok.
- if I call the form with related data on the new tab the form breaks (no tabs, all content is displayed on one page as in the picture)
- if I then go back to the first record (without related data) this also is not shown correctly.
- if I restart the server it works againg with this record.

I don't know, if you are interested, you can have a look a it.
The server is www.wartung-mobil.de. There are running two servers in the moment. On port 2338 the server where the signature field is deactivated, on 2337 with signature field. They are identical only in a ini file a condition for the field is defined different.
-If you connect you can login with q/q, then choose 'Rückmeldungen'.
-If you then first open order 7566 its displayed correct by both servers. The new tab is 'Arbeitsgänge'.
-If you open order 007561-Crash, the server 2337 crashes, server 2338 not.

Thanks for help.

Cheers
Heinz

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 09:58:11 PM »
Hi Heinz,

Thanks for the example. It's a bit slower debugging online, because I need you to do things, but as the problem seems to be in the JavaScript it's probably possible.
I've attached a zip of a couple debug js files - drop these into the 2337 web\scripts folder. I should stress these are for debugging - do not use them in production.

Let me know when they are in and I'll try again. (It's possible we'll go through this process a few times.)

>> If you open order 007561-Crash, the server 2337 crashes, server 2338 not.

Can you be specific here please? I want to be sure. What I see is that the _server_ seems to keep running (no crash?) but the _client_ (ie the page in the browser) exhibits some JavaScript errors in the console. The difference is very important, so I need to be sure we are on the same understanding.

Cheers
Bruce

hkalmbach

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 05:53:40 AM »
Hi Bruce,

thanks a lot for your help.

The scripts are copied to the folder .\web\scripts of the server 2337.

I don't really know what crashes. But sure is that after calling a form where there are data records on the tab 'Arbeitsänge' it is not possible to do a reset on the client only. Its not enough to clear the cache of the browser or to restart the browser. Its necessary to restart the server.
On the other side the server is still working, but you never get back to the point that it displays the tabs in the form correctly again.

Hope this helps.

Perhaps its would be faster to do other steps by email, because I faster get them.

Cheers
Heinz

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 06:23:50 AM »
sure, send me a mail.

updated ZIP is attached though - rinse and repeat....

hkalmbach

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 06:51:58 AM »
Hi Bruce,

the scrips are updated and the server is restarted

Cheers
Heinz