NetTalk Central

Author Topic: SSL could not load SSL DLLs  (Read 6926 times)

Matthew51

• View Profile
    • Email
SSL could not load SSL DLLs
« on: June 09, 2014, 06:54:59 PM »
We use the Web client to talk to our secure web server (also made with net talk).  Which had been working well except for one location where I get the error in the attached image.  I've checked to make sure the dlls are in the same folder more times then I can count. I've even put my test environment on their computer, and it still gives the error. The only think I can think of is that something else is stopping the program from loading the dlls, but I have no idea what.

The computer is running Windows XP Pro sp3
Net Talk 6.55

[attachment deleted by admin]
Contractor with 10+ years of NetTalk experience looking for work.
www.linkedin.com/in/matthew-leavitt
BisWare.ca
Check out my free EasyTime Template

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SSL could not load SSL DLLs
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 10:24:32 PM »
copy in SSLEAY32.DLL as well. Maybe that's missing.

NT6 doesn't have as much detail as later NetTalk's, but you could also try running DebugView, and then running your app with the /NetAll command line switch. That may send additional information to debugview which would give you some clearer hints about the DLL.

cheers
Bruce
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 11:39:55 PM by Bruce »

Matthew51

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 12:19:56 PM »
I convinced my boss to upgrade to NT8 and and ran it with a debug view.  The only thing of note I can see is "API Error = 14001" though I don't know what that is.  I have attached the whole log though.  We've not had this problem on 3 of our customers computers, all of them XP.  One of them upgraded to Win7 and that fixed the problem.  I know microsoft has pulled the plug on XP, but not all of our customers will want to upgrade.

BisWare.ca

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 11:43:42 PM »
Hi Matthew,

Can you please send me a detailed list of all the dll's in the application folder. (a screen-show will do.)
This must be the folder containing your EXE program.

Specifically I am looking for 4 DLL's - all of which you should take from the development application folder.

libeay32.dll,
ssleay32.dll,
libssl32.dll,
msvcr90.dll

notice there are 4 of them, and notice the MS one is different to the one from NetTalk 6.

Cheers
Bruce

Matthew51

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 10:59:58 AM »
All their.  They are the same version that work on my PC, and other computers.

BisWare.ca

urayoan

• View Profile
    • AZ Rock Radio
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 05:15:45 AM »
For me, happen something similar and this works for me. Try it and see if you have the same results.

http://capesoft.com/docs/NetTalk8/NetTalkWebSecure.htm#Troubleshooting

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29

-73: NetTalk Could Not Load SSL DLLs [LIBEAY32.DLL, LIBSSL32.DLL, SSLEAY32.DLL, MSVCR90.DLL]
The SSL functionality in NetTalk requires the LIBEAY32.DLL, LIBSSL32.DLL and SSLEAY32.DLL files. These can be found in the \clarion8\accessory\bin folder. (or \clarion6\3rdparty\bin if you are using Clarion 6). Copy these three DLL's to your application folder (and include them in your program install.)

Note: The SSL DLL's were updated in NetTalk 7.11, and the MSVCR90.DLL is a new dependency, replacing the dependency on MSVCRT71.DLL. Although the MSVCR90.DLL is shipped with NetTalk, the recommended approach to installing this DLL on your target system is to install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package (x86) on the target machine.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 10:41:57 PM »
Matthew,
try installing this on the server;
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9B2DA534-3E03-4391-8A4D-074B9F2BC1BF
It's the 2008 runtime.

cheers
Bruce

Matthew51

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 02:58:16 PM »
Sorry for the late update.  Redistributable pack did fix the problem.  Thanks for the help, I'll make it a standard part of our updates and installs from now on.
BisWare.ca

bijan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 05:19:33 PM »
Hi Guys

The file msvcr90.dll has to be newer than 2010 for nettalk to be able to sendmail using TLS. Copying it to your working dir won't work because it is a system file.  I was working on an old server with an old version of this file and it wouldn't work. The only way to get it to work was to to download and install the above file. The good news is that it didn't require a reboot.

Bijan