NetTalk Central

Author Topic: How to get the value from TintMCE editor ?  (Read 1846 times)

johanco123

• View Profile
    • Email
How to get the value from TintMCE editor ?
« on: January 30, 2015, 03:40:59 AM »
Hi Bruce

I have a text field on a popup form as a TinyMCE control. I want to change some of the values in the editor and want now to get the new value back into a session variable?

I add a stop in the server side code embedpoint with p_web.Getvalue('loc:paragraph')  but no stop is displayed

Then  add a button with the same stop and p_web.Getvalue('loc:paragraph'), but the value is blank.

Any suggestions
Kind regards
Johan

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to get the value from TintMCE editor ?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 02:36:10 AM »
Hi Johan,

PLEASE stop using STOP as a debug tool.
It's unrelated to your issue here, but STOP will break the program - it is not useful as a debugging aid.
If you want to inspect things run DebugView.Exe (or better yet DebugView++) and use the p_web.trace command to send data to the viewer.

>> I have a text field on a popup form as a TinyMCE control. I want to change some of the values in the editor and want now to get the new value back into a session variable?

At the moment this is turned off. ie the field does not immediately send it's contents to the server on change. Currently the change only happens when you click on Save.

Tell me more about what you have in mind to do with the HTML?

cheers
Bruce

johanco123

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: How to get the value from TintMCE editor ?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 02:57:17 AM »
I have  memory form with a text field with a TinyMCE control on it. I load the value from
another file into the TinyMCE field. That works well  

The values is from a standard letter file. Import now the letter into the TinyMCE field as a template. The user wants now to update the letter with additional info. After that I must pass the new letter info (TinyMCE) to a report to print the letter with the new info.

On the form I have a Start Button an d a Progress Indicator. That works fine. It is only the TinyMCE new valeu that i cannot use.
tanks
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 04:15:19 AM by johanco123 »