NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Link credit card payment facility / API with NetTalk  (Read 2814 times)

rupertvz

• View Profile
    • Email
Link credit card payment facility / API with NetTalk
« on: August 02, 2011, 05:45:32 AM »
Hi Guys,

We are looking for the best online payment API to interface with NetTalk.

I had a look at PayPal, because they have a connection with FNB, and I thought it may be easier for money withdraws, etc.

However, we realized that they only accept USD as payments and not in ZAR.

I am not sure whether we should / can use a credit-card company, such as MASTER CARD directly?

Will appreciate some advice,

Thys

• View Profile
    • Incasu
    • Email
Re: Link credit card payment facility / API with NetTalk
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 08:55:49 PM »
Rupert,

You could decide to register as a internet merchant with one of the SA banks. But they will always refer you (after signing an agreement with them) to other service providers to do the link with the bank's systems. You might do better talking to these service providers first. Look at NetCash's product. It seems like an easy interface to implement - even with NetTalk.

Thys

JohanR

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Link credit card payment facility / API with NetTalk
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 04:14:09 AM »

Hi Rupert

Look at Iveri from Nedbank.
They have a soap service and via Nettalk was pretty easy.
The part that was tough was to figure out the file format, they have extensive documentation but with my limited XML knowledge
it was challenge for me <g>.
My testing works very well and I get very quick a response.

I have not switched to live yet, they require a set of test transactions and logfiles submitted to audit your testing and then they switch you to live.

With the increased number of cards with chips/pin numbers I decided to only go live once I have sorted out the pin capture.

Download the docs and check it out and then see regarding registering a merchant accout with Nedbank

regards

Johan