NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Long Browse Looks Odd  (Read 2863 times)

broche

• View Profile
    • Email
Long Browse Looks Odd
« on: July 24, 2014, 04:16:24 PM »
NT 8.21
CL 9.0
Aristo

Set a browse to show up to 500 records (Customer wants this)  So that the total value can be seen.  (May be a better way to do this?)
The browse goes right through the buttons at the bottom and the footer as well.
See Image.

Any Ideas?

Brian.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Brian

kevin plummer

• View Profile
    • Production Accounting and Software Payroll
Re: Long Browse Looks Odd
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 06:27:59 PM »
If you embed the browse on a form you can add a display field with the total calculated without having to display all the records.

That said, a browse with it's own scroll bar would be nice.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 10:30:41 PM »
Looks like a css setting in that theme Brian. Try another theme, just as a reference to see if it does the same thing.
Also post a small example showing the effect.

>> That said, a browse with it's own scroll bar would be nice.

trivial to do with CSS. Add a class to the Browse Table Div - and in that class put

max-height: 200px;
    overflow-y: scroll;

cheers
Bruce

alan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 04:32:51 PM »
Bruce,

I was searching the forum looking for an answer to this same problem.

I have a Form with several fields and several memory table browses.  The user may or may not insert records into the browses.

When records are inserted, the body extends down but the footer does not.  As a result, the body continues on down and the footer is displayed over whatever part of the body happens to be there.

There is no custom css on the footer and it has no position attributes.

It seems to me it's related to the body refreshing and the footer not refreshing?  Do I need to do something to force the entire form to refresh, including the footer?

Alan
Alan Schoolcraft

alan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 01:19:36 AM »
Actually, I see this most clearly in this example:  On my Form, I have a hidden memory table browse and a checkbox.  When the checkbox is checked, I unhide the browse.

That works fine but, the footer doesn't reposition to accommodate the space required for the browse.
Alan Schoolcraft

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 04:45:15 AM »
example required.

markster

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 12:41:38 PM »
Bruce, I read the earlier posting (per code below) that you made about adding a scroll bar to a browse and implemented on a test basis. It looks great and I really prefer it to the standard navigation buttons, ie. Next,Last, etc. If there was a template option to use this behavior as an alternative that would be awesome. My only (minor) question is this: I put the class code in the Table Div and the scroll works fine except that the header line is also scrolled and goes out of sight. I tried to put the class code in the Body so only the records would scroll but then it didn't seem to work. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks,

Mark

That said, a browse with it's own scroll bar would be nice.

trivial to do with CSS. Add a class to the Browse Table Div - and in that class put

max-height: 200px;
    overflow-y: scroll;

cheers
Bruce

markster

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 08:44:11 AM »
Update to my prior post on scrolling a browse rather than using the Next,Last, etc. buttons:

There's only one down side that I can see so far. If you have scrolled down the list and then do an insert, update, or delete using a popup form, when you save the update form and return to the browse, the browse redisplays to the top record in the list rather than displaying the scroll set with the record that was previously selected.

Any way to fix that?

Regards,

Mark

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 01:13:25 AM »
Hi Mark,

>> I tried to put the class code in the Body so only the records would scroll but then it didn't seem to work. Any thoughts on that?

yeah, that's not going to work because it only works on elements in "block" mode (which the div is) and not "table" mode (which is what the tbody is).

The only way to achieve what you want here is to separate the table into 3 tables, ie 3 separate Dov's - but that would take a lot more than just a bit of Css.

>> the browse redisplays to the top record in the list rather than displaying the scroll set with the record that was previously selected.

yes, I can see why this would happen as well. There's no simple solution to this offhand - any solution would require a combination of html and javascript changes.

cheers
Bruce