NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Web Text fields not always keep the content  (Read 3077 times)

hkalmbach

• View Profile
    • Email
Web Text fields not always keep the content
« on: April 28, 2016, 12:39:10 AM »
Hi together,

on a normal web form I have entry fields, lookup fields (from a file), dropdown boxes (from a file) and also text fields (3000 characters).
I happens from time to time (for our main customer too often) that if he changes the content of a text field, afterwards changes the value of a drop down menu or a lookup field the changes of the text field are reset, in seldom cases the text field is emptied.
Very often it happens, that if he copies content into the text field (paste) an leaves the text field this changes are also reset, the copied content is deleted.
For the text field I have immediate validation, I send a new value to the server (without embed server code) and I refresh the value (Client side tab).

Does someone know what can be wrong here?

Thanks for every hint.

Cheers
Heinz

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Web Text fields not always keep the content
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 02:16:48 AM »
I'm guessing that
a) the text field has "immediate validation" set to "off". (recommended at the moment)
b) that one of the other fields has the text field in the "client side / reset list"

So when they select say the drop-down, then the text field is re-populated (with the old value.)
Or maybe it only happens with a lookup? Especially if the Lookup is a page lookup?

cheers
Bruce

hkalmbach

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 10:57:48 PM »
Hi Bruce,

to your points a. and b. I can definetely say no. Immediate valiation is on and the client side reset list I don't use.

Yes, it mainly happens after using a lookup or a dropdown. Lookups I often do as page lookup not as popup.
But I also had the state, that directly after opening the form, going to the text field which has content inside and inserting addtional text, leaving the text field by tab, the old value of the text field was reloaded and the new text was deleted.
I don't know what 'state' this is, but this only happens to text field, not string fields.

Cheers

Heinz

broche

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 01:05:03 AM »
Hi Bruce/Heinz - Is this anything to do with the fix Bruce sent me for a similar issue in 9.06.  I am presuming that was in 9.07
I have not had customers saying anything yet.
Brian.
Brian

hkalmbach

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 03:56:08 AM »
Hi Brian/Bruce,

I am using 9.06.

Heinz

hkalmbach

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 03:56:56 AM »
Hi Brian/Bruce,

sorry, 9.05

Cheers
Heinz

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 02:01:19 AM »
Hi Heinz,

>> to your points a. and b. I can definitely say no. Immediate validation is on and the client side reset list I don't use.

ok, then I guess best thing to do is to post an example with ideally some instructions on how to duplicate the effect. Then I can try and debug it from there.

cheers
Bruce