NetTalk Central

Author Topic: ParentChild refresh works only in insert and delete. not working on change  (Read 2847 times)

ntnewbies

• View Profile
    • Email
hi friends,
i have a parent browse with total and a child browse with line items.
if i insert or delete the line items, the total in parent browse is updated and refreshed ( i check browse for both child updated and child refresh in the parent browse children section)

but, when i change the qty in line items, the total is updated to the parent browse but it is not refreshed. It only refresh it AFTER i click any of the rows of the child browse.

i knew it must be a matter of placing in right embed point. any clue for this?

i have put my embeds in Validate Routine - Change - both start n end make no difference.

jason

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
see if you can duplicate the issue in the Books (71) example.

cheers
Bruce

ntnewbies

• View Profile
    • Email
hi bruce,
it works. i have to use the source procedure to calculate the total from the lineitems and send it to the invoice file to get the value.

But what puts me off from trying the source procedure option is your remarks:

! this function is not really necessary, but I'm using it to demonstrate how the Invoices browse
! is automatically updated when EIP on the Line-Items browse occurs.

Thus, i was trying to figure out on the basis of this idea:
I have manage to calculate the total of lineitems and fetch the parent file and update the value (which i am successful in doing it). Just that it couldnt refresh the value. I can only get the value refreshed after i click another row at lineitems. thus, some refresh thingy performed by the code after i press the row. thats the code i was looking for.

anyway, if you could lead me to do the alternative for this solution without using the source procedure, it would be an added knowledge. i will stick to source until then...

thanks bruce.

jason