NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Browser or Operating System of user  (Read 2156 times)

irissystems

• View Profile
    • IRIS Systems
    • Email
Browser or Operating System of user
« on: May 18, 2011, 06:35:51 AM »
I'm building a nettalk app to use on phones, ipads, and pc's. I need to have different browses and forms depending on who's requesting the data. I there a way I can determing what browser or operating system the user has when they logon so I can adjust the menu accordingly I'm using nettalk 4?

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Browser or Operating System of user
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 07:32:20 AM »
the p_web.UserAgent and p_web.Mobile properties contain stuff based on what browser, or device the user is using.

cheers
Bruce

irissystems

• View Profile
    • IRIS Systems
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 08:18:07 AM »
Hi Bruce,
Thank you for your quick response, but I'm afraid I'm rather stupid... Is it possible to see what a line of code for setting or using this property would look like?
Steve

kevin plummer

• View Profile
    • Production Accounting and Software Payroll
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 04:44:18 PM »
Hi Steve,

can I suggest 2 things?

1) buy bruces book on building web apps. It will save you many wasted hours of pulling your hair out and it covers the question you are asking and many more you have not thought about yet.
2) Upgrade to to NT5 although I'm not sure of the timeline for NT6 which I believe will include JQuery's mobile framework which is currently in Alpha.

If you are seriously building web apps investing in the above is a small price to pay for what you get.

Cheers,

Kev