NetTalk Central

Author Topic: File Upload NT 9.27  (Read 2678 times)

kingja

• View Profile
    • Email
File Upload NT 9.27
« on: May 19, 2017, 08:25:18 AM »
I sometimes need to upload a revised version of a PDF document to a BLOB.  I can successfully upload the first version, but if I click on change and upload the revised version, the file name is changed but the actual contents of the BLOB are still the old version.  Note the file name usually is the same for the first and second version, but can sometimes change.  Any thoughts on how to get the BLOB to update properly?

Thanks,

Jeff

kingja

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: File Upload NT 9.27
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 07:51:49 PM »
I'm still struggling with BLOBS.  Basically, when on the update form, the BLOB contents cannot be changed.  I can only fill the BLOB, via file upload, when doing an insert.  I need to be able to enter a partial record, without loading any data into the BLOB.  Then later, I want to upload to the BLOB.  This does not work after the initial insert.  Anyone have any ideas?

By the way, I sent an example app to Bruce and I'm awaiting a reply.  Thought I would ask here as well.

Thanks,

Jeff King

terryd

• View Profile
    • Davcomm
    • Email
Re: File Upload NT 9.27
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 09:40:09 PM »
Hi Jeff
I had a similar (but not exactly the same) issue with printing pdfs and then when data has changed printing them again but still having the previous pdf displayed.
What I did was uncheck the enable file cache box in the webserver nettalk extension\Settings\Performance tab and the problem went away. According to Bruce there should not be much performance penalty.
There is a thread I started on this website about the issue.
Terry Davidson
Windows 10 64 bit/Windows7 64bit
Clarion 9.1.11529/Clarion10 12567
Nettalk 913
Nettalk 1015
StringTheory267/Winevent515/XFiles298/MessageBox239/Cryptonite186