In my case, this instructions help me figure it out the problem i had with openssl.exe in my apps. In my case, was a permission error, maybe in yours just needs to reinstall the run time libraries per Bruce instructions. https://www.capesoft.com/docs/NetTalk11/NetTalkWebSecure.htm#Troubleshooting
1. Get a capture using Process Monitor while reproducing the error message. (See General Systems: The basics of using Process Monitor.)https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645
2. Search the Process Monitor log for "ACCESS DENIED" to determine which file is causing the error.
3. Navigate to that file in Windows Explorer / File Explorer.
4. Right-click the file and select Properties.
5. Click the Security tab.
6. You may see the message "You must have Read permissions to view the properties of this object." Regardless of whether that message appears or not, click the Advanced button.
7. Click Add and enter the username for the problematic user account. (You could also enter the name of a group that the problematic account belongs to, like Administrators or Everyone.)
8. Check the box next to "Full control" and click OK.
9. Try running openssl.exe inside that was giving the error.
10. There may be multiple files with permissions issues, so if you still get the same error message you will need to repeat steps 1-9 until the error goes away