NetTalk Central

Author Topic: NetWebBrowse with Memory Form not positioning on newly added record  (Read 1026 times)

TimR

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 38
    • View Profile
I have a netwebbrowse that uses a memory form (due to reasons I'm stuck with) for inserts. After the new record is added the browse does not update to show the new record. How can I force it to update?

TimR

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 38
    • View Profile
Re: NetWebBrowse with Memory Form not positioning on newly added record
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2026, 10:20:47 AM »
I ended up changing the memory form to be be table based instead and in the postupdate routine, I update the newly created blank record,to the correct values. Cheesy = yes, functioning as desired = also yes

rjolda

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 473
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: NetWebBrowse with Memory Form not positioning on newly added record
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2026, 03:26:11 PM »
Hi Tim,
The wild world wide web is just that - and the software interactions with browser and javascript and all the other stuff in there is wild west and does not conform to the rules of program operation as we are used to.  Many times I have had to try several approaches to get a task done.  Just the web...The web is built for stateless connections.  Net Talk is an environment that takes a stateless connection and allows it resemble a desktop type application.  But there is lots and lots going on under the hood.  So, cheesy may be YES.  Getting the job done the correct way is really what you want to do - even if it is cheesy! ( and there are often several ways to get the job done..)
Ron

TimR

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 38
    • View Profile
Re: NetWebBrowse with Memory Form not positioning on newly added record
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2026, 08:55:48 AM »
I was trying to provide a solution, for the next person who encounters this issue. One correction I should make to my post is use the postinsert routine not postupdate routine.