NetTalk E-Mail > E-Mail - Ask For Help

Gmail send issue after upgrading to Nettalk 14

(1/3) > >>

willieb:
Good Day everyone,

I upgraded to NT 14 from 11 and now I have an issue where my application cannot send emails using gmail (google).

I tested using the Nettalk demo, and all that I get is ... nothing.  Not a single response from the gmail server looking at the log tab in the demo app.
Settings used was smtp.gmail.com, I tried port 465 and 587 and various number of options enabled and disabled.
I can connect to and send emails using other email servers, but for some reason gmail returns not a single response.

I gone back to the last version of my application which was compiled with NT11 and that works sending an email using gmail. But using the new version of my app with NT14, there is no joy.  (nothing changed except that it was compiled with NT14).

Is there maybe something I am not aware of that changed since NT11?

Bruce:
Did you note the updated SSL DLL's?
https://www.capesoft.com/docs/NetTalk14/NetTalk.htm#DeployingAtlsClientOrServer

qiqo:

--- Quote from: Bruce on September 27, 2023, 03:25:47 AM ---Did you note the updated SSL DLL's?
https://www.capesoft.com/docs/NetTalk14/NetTalk.htm#DeployingAtlsClientOrServer

--- End quote ---

I have exactly the same problem as willieb.
Version of libcrypto-3.dll and libssl-3.dll is 3.1.1 (date of DLLs is 2023-05-30).. Problem is also duplicated in the latest nettalk version (14.04), demo app.

Richard I:
Hi Bruce,
The EmailSendControlTemplate does not appear to send email via Yahoo or Gmail  since 14.04
regards,
Richard

JohanR:
Hi Richard

I have the same issue, and switched to Postmark to send, I was using both services anyway.

However, on my dev machine (win10) it works but I have an SSL issue with postmark on my production server (server2012)
So am thinking it could be related to Gmail issue, will try to see if there is a way to check all the SSL file versions that are being used.

Johan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version