NetTalk Central

Author Topic: ErrorTrap  (Read 1315 times)

urayoan

• View Profile
    • AZ Rock Radio
ErrorTrap
« on: August 24, 2022, 09:28:09 AM »
Hello

In the ThisSendEmail object there's a section called ErrorTrap(errorStr,functionName). It is possible to trap just the error number based on the exception or what cause the specific error?

The reason I ask is, because is not the same to have a wrong written email vs a connection timeout. based on the error number I can make a choice to delete that email from the sending queue or just keep it to try to send it again when the connection is available again.

Thanks

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ErrorTrap
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2022, 06:22:45 PM »
Hi Ura,

Noted. At the moment there isn't an error code number, so I guess you'd need to filter based on the parameters.

cheers
Bruce

urayoan

• View Profile
    • AZ Rock Radio
Re: ErrorTrap
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 06:03:31 AM »
Thanks Bruce

Yes, im noticing in errorStr you show the server message that is not always the same depending the service. The other thing I noticed is the functionName shows this (at least in the tests I did) ,

NetEmailSend.Process <= when there's a problem sending for example, bad address etc

NetSimple.TakeEvent  <= Usually connection timeout

There are other type of errors there? If what I saw is what I thin it is, that may help me to discern if it is a network issue or configuration to the SMTP service problem or a bad address problem (or possibly others)

Thanks again