NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Icons missing from browse after April NetTalk release  (Read 2321 times)

Vince Sorensen

• View Profile
    • Email
Icons missing from browse after April NetTalk release
« on: October 12, 2021, 08:32:05 AM »
A few months ago I had an end user let me know that three columns in a browse no longer had icons.  The Change/Delete columns are entirely gone, and the View column has a blank icon.  I've tried manually assigning the icons to no avail.  If I install a January 2021 version of NetTalk, everything works fine.  In the next version I have from April 2021, the icons are gone.  My plan was to manually make each change between the January NetTalk templates/classes and the April one, but health issues have delayed that.  Before going any further I thought I would check here to see if anyone else has had a similar issue.

Any ideas what else I might check?

Jane

• Expert on nothing with opinions on everything.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Icons missing from browse after April NetTalk release
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 12:49:31 PM »
No idea.

But as a first step I think you might be a big more clear.  The history shows there were 3 NetTalk releases in January and 5 releases in April. 

Which release works and which one does not?
Does looking through the release history show anything that gives you a clue?

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 07:43:42 PM »
Hi Vince;

a) what theme are you using ?
b) Have you
b1) set all your global style settings (Webserver procedure) to "reset from defaults"? And leave this on unless you are changing them.
b2) deleted all the buttons on the buttons tab, until they "cycle round"? (ie you delete from the top, they get added to the bottom, until all are deleted and the first one is at the top again.

Cheers
Bruce

Vince Sorensen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2021, 08:24:13 AM »
No idea.

But as a first step I think you might be a big more clear.  The history shows there were 3 NetTalk releases in January and 5 releases in April. 

Which release works and which one does not?
Does looking through the release history show anything that gives you a clue?

12.03 works, 12.12 does not.  Is it possible to download the versions between them?

Jane

• Expert on nothing with opinions on everything.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2021, 08:38:21 AM »
12.03 works, 12.12 does not.  Is it possible to download the versions between them?

I'd suggest that that is a *bad* idea. 
Why would you want to box yourself into an old version and have trouble with newer versions going forward?

Get your app working with the current 12.26.  Figure out what's wrong (maybe on the weekly Thursday NetTalk webinar) and move on from there.

Onward and upward!

Cheers,

Jane 
(As always... expert on nothing with opinions on everything...)

Vince Sorensen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2021, 11:11:41 AM »
Hi Vince;

a) what theme are you using ?
b) Have you
b1) set all your global style settings (Webserver procedure) to "reset from defaults"? And leave this on unless you are changing them.
b2) deleted all the buttons on the buttons tab, until they "cycle round"? (ie you delete from the top, they get added to the bottom, until all are deleted and the first one is at the top again.

Cheers
Bruce

a) 'redmond'.  Tried changing to sunny at runtime.
b1) Icons still not displaying.  "Click here to view details of this record" is now displayed over top of the View icon.
b2) No change

Vince Sorensen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2021, 11:12:56 AM »

I'd suggest that that is a *bad* idea. 
Why would you want to box yourself into an old version and have trouble with newer versions going forward?

Get your app working with the current 12.26.  Figure out what's wrong (maybe on the weekly Thursday NetTalk webinar) and move on from there.

Onward and upward!

Cheers,

Jane 
(As always... expert on nothing with opinions on everything...)

I won't use an older version.  The interim versions would allow me to know exactly in which version this broke, and significantly reduce the number of changes I need to review.

Vince Sorensen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2021, 08:04:55 AM »
The "CanCall" method is the source of my issue.  I haven't yet figured out why it is returning false when the user is logged in and I haven't specified a level range to filter on, but at least I have a thread to follow now. :)

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2021, 10:39:52 PM »
Are you on 12.26 now vince?

Vince Sorensen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2021, 10:58:04 AM »
Yes.  As a workaround I've hand-coded statements around the CanCall calls, and that seems to work ok.