NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Tree control that supports multi-line text  (Read 1225 times)

GordonF

• View Profile
Tree control that supports multi-line text
« on: October 13, 2021, 02:11:46 AM »
Hi,

Sorry I seem to be asking questions very frequently, but in my defence I only started using WebServer early this year so I've a lot to learn.

I would like to be able to produce a view in my web app similar to my desktop app (image attached), this is to allow for display, insertion and revision of clinical notes, as well as showing revision data in a lower level than the current note version.

My desktop app has a tree structure that allows for multi line text fields, that is text with line breaks not just text wrapping although that too. On clicking I can detect the node clicked and respond accordingly.

I have started looking at the Tree control in WebServer and it supports text wrapping but I can't make it display line breaks for multi line text, although that may well be my lack of knowledge. The second problem I ran into is determining which node was clicked, I can detect the user clicked in the ValidateValue routine and also in validate::atree, but I have no idea how to determine the specific node that was clicked.

It seems to be so close to what I need so any help would be greatly appreciated, even if it is use a different specific control.

Best Regards
Gordon
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 02:32:20 AM by GordonF »