NetTalk Central

Author Topic: NT12 and Disconected web example  (Read 1865 times)

Alberto

• MSN Messenger - alberto-michelis@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • ARMi software solutions
    • Email
NT12 and Disconected web example
« on: June 22, 2021, 11:15:08 AM »
Hi, Im trying to use the Disconected web example but I can make it work.
It does try to syncronize, I see the posts in the log but the files and filds change values from time to time, I could not realized of a sequence or way that it is happening.
Weird.
Is there any other example?
Thanks
-----------
Regards
Alberto

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NT12 and Disconected web example
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 05:43:53 PM »
Hi Alberto,

That's the only example. And since it's working it's probably best you understand it.
So what about it do you not understand?

cheers
Bruce

Alberto

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 09:51:50 AM »
3 Qs:

1- im trying to hide the browse column headers, Ive tried  everithing in the browse css tab trying to add nt-hidden but nothing works.
If I add the nt-hidden by F12 it works  ok
I know I can set Show Column Hedings off in the options tab but I need to do this in css.

2- Im trying to use NetRefresh for the browses.
Is this possible in a desconnected app (when its connected)?

3- Nt is not generating the manifest.js, I suppouse it must be generated when it generates the serviceworke.js, or when?

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 09:33:22 AM by michelis »
-----------
Regards
Alberto

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 07:24:35 PM »
Hi Alberto,

1. probably a good idea to make a small example showing what you have done so far - what your custom css looks like and so on.
I presume you want to selectivly hide the header, based on say the screen size, so you will need some css with a "media query" in it?
That would seem to make nt-hidden the wrong class to use.

2. A disconnected app is _always_ disconnected. It doesn't switch between being a regular web app, and disconnected app. So in this case NetRefresh has no meaning. Perhaps it would be best to explain what you had in mind for this feature in a disconnected context?

3. mBuild generates the manifest.js at the moment - indeed that's the only thing mBuild does at the moment (and maybe something that could be moved into the template.)

Cheers
Bruce

Alberto

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2021, 09:59:06 AM »
Hi Bruce,

1. probably a good idea to make a small example showing what you have done so far - what your custom css looks like and so on.
I presume you want to selectivly hide the header, based on say the screen size, so you will need some css with a "media query" in it?
That would seem to make nt-hidden the wrong class to use.

As you can see in the 1st pic, if you have 4 buttons, you get a header with 4 empty cells which is ugly
Then trying to use css classes to hide this headers I set all CSS classes for that column for the header and the cell, but the header classes are not generated.
see pics
I think its a bug because it works in NT11
And to make it easier, i think its a good idea to add a check in the header tab of the cell to hide the header.

2. A disconnected app is _always_ disconnected. It doesn't switch between being a regular web app, and disconnected app. So in this case NetRefresh has no meaning. Perhaps it would be best to explain what you had in mind for this feature in a disconnected context?

You are right but... You have the country browse opened in device A, you are seeing Argentina, another user in device B change the name to Republica Argentina, synced or not synced the device A will see the the old name, will see the new name only if it resets the browse
I dont know if its possible but the triger for a browse reset (like NtRefresh) could proceed from the synce process?

3. mBuild generates the manifest.js at the moment - indeed that's the only thing mBuild does at the moment (and maybe something that could be moved into the template.)

A good idea!

Regards
-----------
Regards
Alberto

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2021, 11:54:36 PM »
Hi Alberto,

pics aren't terribly helpful, because they don't show me your program side of things.
So a small example app is probably helpful.

regarding the browse -
it would be auto-sync'd when the timer went off (every few minutes).
And yes, the user would only see the updated information next time they refreshed the browse.

cheers
Bruce

Alberto

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2021, 03:13:08 AM »
Example https://www.dropbox.com/s/bhx648eje2rywbo/DisconnectedWeb.zip?dl=0

Just go to the Shippers browse

And this is just the NT12 Apps/DisconnectedWeb example
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 03:49:32 AM by michelis »
-----------
Regards
Alberto

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2021, 06:51:52 AM »
Hi Alberto,

thanks for the example. There's quite a lot I'd recommend doing to this example, so I'll work through that in the webinar on thursday. It would be really good if you can be there, because then I'll be able to ask you questions on what you want to do.

Cheers
Bruce