NetTalk Central

Author Topic: PDF Tools 4.1 No longer sold  (Read 2136 times)

DonnEdwards

• View Profile
    • Insights and Rants
    • Email
PDF Tools 4.1 No longer sold
« on: May 20, 2021, 10:51:21 AM »
I need to do some PDF reports in my NetTalk Server app.

One of the options is C11EE. Another is PDF Tools 4.1. They stopped selling it earlier this year.

A third option is Klarisoft wPDF Control. There was an example app in NetTalk 9. But it isn't mentioned here: https://www.capesoft.com/docs/NetTalk12/NetWebReports.htm

Is the Klarisoft product still supported in NT12? If so, which bundle should I purchase?

The answer is in the NT Application Wizard. See attachment. If anyone has a PDF Tools License they wish to sell, please message me directly.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 01:22:27 PM by DonnEdwards »
If you're happy with your security, then so are the bad guys

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: PDF Tools 4.1 No longer sold
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 08:17:38 PM »
Klarisoft should be supported, but it's been a long time since I used that. I'll contact Leonid and see if I can get a new package for testing.

rjolda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 01:04:44 PM »
Donn,
Tracker Software lost its Clarion Developer with version 4.1.  It was Compatible with C8.  I am not sure about C9 and C10 but I do know that the PDF Tools 4. and 4.1 are NOT compatible with C11 on the Template level.  I have seen others using probably C# integration for C11.  I would recommend talking with Leonid at Klarisoft and looking at the PDF creator tools he has.  His support is excellent and he will be able to guide you appropriately.  C11 EE has built in PDF support.  You will have to weigh your needs and costs.
FWIW,
Ron Jolda

bshields

• View Profile
    • Inhabit
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 05:30:53 PM »
Hi Donn,

I can confirm PDFTools 4.1 is compatible with C10. I've not ported my apps to C11 (but suspect I'll be able to make it work).

I used it extensively for report conversions to PDF in my NetTalk server apps.

Regards
Bill

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2021, 09:18:40 PM »
>>  but I do know that the PDF Tools 4. and 4.1 are NOT compatible with C11 on the Template level.

eh? I'm not sure what difference you might be seeing Ron, but I'm using my PDF-Tools in Clarion 11 and I don't recall any changes to it to make it work.

Cheers
Bruce

rjolda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2021, 03:29:08 AM »
Hi
I The PDF Tools templates error out on import to C11 and will not register for me - C11.0.13630.  No messages - just says errors in template keeps them from being registered.  I have not spent much time on this yet but that was my initial finding.
Are you registering PDF Tools 4.0, 4.1 Templates?  How did you do it?  Did you make any mods to the templates?  Or did you not use the templates and just code the PDF tools in.  That was going to be my next try.
Ron

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2021, 11:35:45 PM »
Hi Ron,

um, no I didn't do anything special, just registered the templates and used them.
Perhaps just delete your template registry then
a) register abc.tpl and clarion.tpl
b) bulk register all the other TPL's in the template folder
c) bulk register all the TPLs in your \accessory\template folder

Cheers
Bruce