NetTalk Central

Author Topic: NetTalk 12 and Date entry  (Read 1627 times)

GordonF

• View Profile
NetTalk 12 and Date entry
« on: May 17, 2021, 08:16:25 AM »
Since upgrading to NetTalk 12 and using the 'base' theme the horizontal alignment of a date field, lookup button and comment on a form are no longer horizontally in line, the lookup and comment are lower than the prompt and entry. Has anyone experienced this and if so is there a fix.

Also is it possible to have a date field without the calendar lookup button?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Jane

• Expert on nothing with opinions on everything.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: NetTalk 12 and Date entry
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 08:50:02 AM »
By "lower" do you mean incrementally lower?  Or wrapped to the next line? 

As for losing the calendar button, try switching the field type on the form to STRING instead of DATE.  (Then set the date picture to whatever you want).

Jane

GordonF

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 11:54:17 PM »
Thank you Jane, I've switched to a string and it works fine and no lookup button.

With regard to the date entry and calendar lookup button alignment, the button is on the same line as the entry but offset horizontally about quarter of a character lower than the entry and also slightly detached from the entry field, the comment aligns with the lookup button. This only happens with the 'base' theme, the trouble is I like the base theme.

I've attached an image, your help is much appreciated.

Gordon

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2021, 12:34:45 AM »
hi Gordon,

when updating to NT12 it's recommended to "reset" the default CSS settings, and the default button settings, as these defaults do change from time to time. (In fact, for CSS, I recommend leaving the "reset" checkbox on, unless you need to override something.)

WebServer Procedure, NetTalk Extension,
    -- Styles, "Reset to Defaults" (Repeat on each Tab)
    -- Buttons, "Delete" the buttons. (As you delete them, they get added to the bottom of the list, so when the UploadButton comes around again then you've done all of them.)

Cheers
Bruce

GordonF

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2021, 02:49:54 AM »
Thank you Bruce, that worked perfectly

Gordon