NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Best theme currently for responsive site?  (Read 1941 times)

JohanR

• View Profile
    • Email
Best theme currently for responsive site?
« on: January 23, 2021, 02:14:24 AM »
Hi,

Subject says it all.
I have used an external theme (html+css) up to now for dev work and website, but find the going slow to incorporate NTWS and the external code.

Looking to do an area of the site using only a NTWS theme (html+css) and was wondering with the new div layout options and all the new themes,
is there one theme that behaves better than others as a HTML site and also when pages are viewed and used on mobile devices tablet, phones etc..

thanks

Johan

DonRidley

• Don Ridley
  • Global Moderator
  • donaldridley2011@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Best theme currently for responsive site?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 03:00:35 PM »
For NetTalk 12, PalmTree is the most up to date as far as CSS, etc., are concerned.

I personally use the Base theme.

Don
"Eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however unlikely, must be the truth."

NetTalk 12.55
Clarion 11

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Best theme currently for responsive site?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 11:29:56 PM »
Palmtree is both responsive and also converted to the new theme framework.
That is also the "primary" theme for NetTalk 12, so the one I will treat as the "reference" theme. (In other words, if you are going to make your own theme, it's a good one to start with, and also a good one to keep comparing against to see what new stuff has been added.)

Given how easy it is not to change the fundamentals of a theme (using the Themer example) that's probably a good place to start.

ShoeStrap1 and ShoeStrap2 are also converted already to the new framework. that's in the 12.05 build.

12.06 will include the Base theme converted (that's done already), and perhaps one or two others.

B