NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Task Panel Menu  (Read 4400 times)

urayoan

• View Profile
    • AZ Rock Radio
Task Panel Menu
« on: March 28, 2019, 12:27:18 PM »
Hi:
  I have an app using the Task Panel menu and when the screen size change, the hamburger menu does not appear. As far as i know, the Double Drop menu shows fine when the screen size is small like a mobile phone etc.

Question is, there is a quick fix for the Task Panel menu?

or there is a way to detect screen size  i know you Bruce i know it exist, but i don't know yet :-P), and change from Task Panel to Double Drop depending the screen size?

Any help would be appreciated.

The thing is, the client has documentation using the task panel menu and they don't want to change the documentation.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Task Panel Menu
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 05:06:04 AM »
Hi Ura,

Indeed the Double drop menu is certainly the most "responsive" one at the moment, automatically going down to the hamburger on the small screen. I've not tweaked the other menu types yet in that direction. I suspect it's not hard, but alas won't make it onto my list for the next couple weeks.

That said, it's not terribly difficult to do - you might want to take a look at the css for the double-drop, especially the @media queries in jquery-nt-menu.css, and apply the same effect to taskpanel?  Certainly worth an hour or so of investigation...

>> there is a way to detect screen size

assuming the setting is on (performance tab) the browser will send through screen sizes into session variables, which you can then use as a conditional in your menu procedure.
The big "problem" with this approach is that you only know the size on the _2nd_ request from the server. (Since the first request only triggers the script, which in turn only updates the session value in prep for the second request.)

Cheers
Bruce

urayoan

• View Profile
    • AZ Rock Radio
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 08:18:40 AM »
Thank you Bruce, the post gives me a lead where to start looking to make the changes.

Cheers

Robert Iliuta

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 12:15:30 AM »
Hallo!

Did you made some progress or solve the problem with responsive Task panel menu?
I use Accordion menu and I would like to make this responsive (like Double drop)

Thank you!
Robert

urayoan

• View Profile
    • AZ Rock Radio
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 04:58:59 AM »
Sadly no Robert. I think i need some embeds to make it works that are not available. When i try what Bruce sugest, simply the menu disappears.

Any additional ideas will be welcome.

Thanks for ask
@ Urayoan

Robert Iliuta

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 11:26:15 PM »
Hallo Urayoan,

I did not have time to play and make Accordion responsive ... so I change my menu to Double drop.
So far it's ok.

Robert

urayoan

• View Profile
    • AZ Rock Radio
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2019, 04:17:31 AM »
Hallo Urayoan,

I did not have time to play and make Accordion responsive ... so I change my menu to Double drop.
So far it's ok.

Robert

Thank you Robert. I am aware of that too, but the client using the program, has documentation for their users with that menu and don't want to update the documentation  ;D

Robert Iliuta

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2019, 04:59:31 AM »
then lucky me, I didn't start yet documentation for this app :-)

urayoan

• View Profile
    • AZ Rock Radio
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2019, 09:59:19 AM »
then lucky me, I didn't start yet documentation for this app :-)
  8) 8) 8)

I need to take the time and try at some momment.