NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Mobile Automatic Vehicle Location System webinar  (Read 2925 times)

oggy

• View Profile
    • Email
Mobile Automatic Vehicle Location System webinar
« on: January 28, 2019, 03:18:26 AM »
About last webinar,Mobile Automatic Vehicle Location System, by Mr. Ridley. I watched it without breathing ;) And couple of beers.
I just realized that you are done what I battled for about a year.. But, question for you and Bruce... I noticed that speed of web system and desktop system is pretty much not the same. Web page is faster by the factor of, lets say, 5 times... I have similar question for about that system, but I now have a about 300 clients to use it, so, my question is, how it is possible rendering the map over web is so much faster then on desktop?
Regards, Oggy

DonRidley

• Don Ridley
  • Global Moderator
  • donaldridley2011@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mobile Automatic Vehicle Location System webinar
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 09:46:35 AM »
Hello Oggy,

Thank you for the kind words!

The web side in my project has direct access to the map database.  The desktop side relies on a series of PUT's and GET's to update the records local to the desktop side.  However, the desktop side is pretty fast when it works LOL.

I'm going to post an examlpe port spltting app here as soon as a have time to put it together.

See ya,

Don
"Eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however unlikely, must be the truth."

NetTalk 12.55
Clarion 11

broche

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mobile Automatic Vehicle Location System webinar
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 05:41:27 AM »
Echo that thanks on the webinar - great webinar well done.
Brian