NetTalk Central

Author Topic: NTWS Form Multi-select example app?  (Read 2963 times)

Johan van Zyl

• jvz
    • View Profile
    • Email
NTWS Form Multi-select example app?
« on: January 01, 2019, 12:57:49 PM »
I my locum database I would like a DROP using a table called preferredareas and it must be multi-select. An dput the selections into a column called clientpreferredareas.
Areas like Pretoria/EastRand/Johannesburg/VaalTriangle etc. I cannot get it to work - in the drop it shows me the contents of the table - but I cannot select say one or two or many/any?
Coming to think of it - maybe a drop is not the answer - the table will have too many items and it will take over my update form.
Any other suggestions?
Johan van Zyl
Clarion 6.3 9058/C8 Gold/SQL/NetTalk WebServer

Jane

• Expert on nothing with opinions on everything.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: NTWS Form Multi-select example app?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 02:51:00 PM »
Multi-select like that is a lot like the invoice/line-items data paradigm.  One guy might have one preferredarea and another might have six.

There are NT examples of invoices with line items, or customers with multiple invoices.

Having your preferredareas in a separate table will also make searching and grouping a lot easier.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NTWS Form Multi-select example app?
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 10:41:07 PM »
Hi Johan,

Think of this more as a "tagging" exercise. There are a list of areas, and the user can "tag" the ones they want to service.
Check out the "Tagging" example for that - perhaps that's a better visual approach than a multi-select-drop.

cheers
Bruce