NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Calling a procedure from a Browse before opening  (Read 1939 times)

terryd

• View Profile
    • Davcomm
    • Email
Calling a procedure from a Browse before opening
« on: November 29, 2008, 01:30:59 PM »
I have created an Application in Clarion which I am converting to Netweb.
One of the procedures in the Clarion Application is a browse of a file called QEntry.
In the procedure setup of the browse is a call to a procedure called POPULATEQENTRY . In it I clear the qentry file and then loop through other files to populate QEntry.
How do I duplicate this is Nettalk. Obviously the browse is easy, but how do I call the POPULATEQENTRY procedure which I have created as a NetWebSource.
Terry Davidson
Windows 10 64 bit/Windows7 64bit
Clarion 9.1.11529/Clarion10 12567
Nettalk 913
Nettalk 1015
StringTheory267/Winevent515/XFiles298/MessageBox239/Cryptonite186

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Calling a procedure from a Browse before opening
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 10:43:04 PM »
Hi Terry,

Firstly, I suspect the source procedure should be based on a normal Source, not a NetWebSource. A NetWebSource is specifically designed to send html to the browser, and in this case I don't think the Source will be doing any XML.

The correct embed point to call it would be the top of the GenerateBrowse routine.

However you don't really mention what Driver you are using. If you are using the In-Memory driver, with unique contents per thread, then bear in mind that the file will disappear when the thread ends, which is really the instant the user sees it. So it won't be there for subsequent browse actions.

If you are using a TPS file, or In-Memory file in "normal" mode, then you will want to add the session value to the file, and don't "clear" it at the start of every thread - or one user will interfere with another user.

Cheers
Bruce