NetTalk Central

Author Topic: #2 - Anyone noticed strange behv with C10 and NT8 latest - browse + join fields  (Read 2917 times)

Stu

• View Profile
    • Email
(Note: Once logged in I can't access the original thread, just get a blank page)

Continues this thread, http://www.nettalkcentral.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=36&topic=6454.0;prev_next=next.

Just thought I'd give an update in case anyone else runs into this issue.

It's FM3 setting the sql collation string on a guid unique key field. It changes from whatever it is to SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CS_AS (search for that here, http://capesoft.com/docs/fm3/fm3.htm, see the history log for Version 4.91).

So I'm guessing at some stage the combination of FM3 and using MSSQL and then whatever clarion and the sql driver is doing in next(SetView) that causes the error (taken from original post):

Code: [Select]
Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CS_AS" and "Latin1_General_CI_AS" in the equal to operation. Statement(s) could not be prepared.

Geoff (Capesoft) has given me a work-around for the moment, which I'm about to test. Manually set the collation using ds_SetOption('casesensitivecollation',MyCaseSensitiveCollation) - as in the 4.91 build notes for FM3.

A strange and long-winded issue this one is.
Cheers,

Stu Andrews

Stu

• View Profile
    • Email
Happy days!

Can confirm that putting ds_SetOption('casesensitivecollation','Latin1_General_CI_AS') in the FM3 Init embed did the trick.

The collation now stays as-is, and Nettalk browses are working again.

Stu
Cheers,

Stu Andrews

terryd

• View Profile
    • Davcomm
    • Email
Thanks Stu.
Haven't run into the problem myself but it's nice to know there is a solution if it crops up.
Terry Davidson
Windows 10 64 bit/Windows7 64bit
Clarion 9.1.11529/Clarion10 12567
Nettalk 913
Nettalk 1015
StringTheory267/Winevent515/XFiles298/MessageBox239/Cryptonite186