NetTalk FTP > FTP - Ask For Help

FTP File Transfer Issue.

(1/1)

JHojka:
I have a single client that I can't get the FTP file to transfer properly. The file will transfer around 36 mb of a 275 mb file and then suddenly jump to 100% and then get stuck.

I did some testing to try to find a solution.

1. I used the netdemo program nettalk V8.57 Claroin 10. The file transfer does the exact same thing. fails and then gets stuck.

2. I used windows command line FTP. This worked as expected.

3. I used a old version of nettalk (6.13) Using Clarion 8. This worked as expected.

I am not sure what would be the best way to try and debug this problem. This only occurs at this client. I can get FTP to work using other solutions.
Any suggestions?

Jeff Hojka
Marathon Software Co.

Bruce:
Hi Jeff,

Best approach with FTP is to send me (privately) the details for the server so I can connect from here. Very often that gives me clues as to what approach might be the best one.

the most common issue is around what happens if / when the control connection times out - or if NOOPs are required to keep the control connection open. Different servers behave very differently with this.

By transfer are you thinking about uploading or downloading?

cheers
Bruce

JHojka:
I am uploading a file to my server (Windows 2012). This works fine for several other clients to our server. I am not sure if I can give you the credentials to the other computer doing the upload and where I currently have the issue. I will see but my guess is they wont feel comfortable letting someone they don't know access their PC.

Jeff.

Bruce:
Hi Jeff,

alas you are assuming facts not in evidence <g>..

a) given that the problem manifests on some computers, but not others implies either a timing issue, or a firewall issue. Testing against the _server_ (not the client) from here either eliminates or exposes the problem. Best case I get it here, worst case I don't - both outcomes tell us something.

b) I don't need access to the client at all (and frankly that's not terribly useful to me to start with - maybe later it's an option but not necessary now.) what I need is the name of the FTP server you are using, plus access credentials, plus (ideally) an explanation of which file you are trying to download.

But then again - only if you want help - if you'd like to continue pursuing it on your own you're welcome to do that of course....

cheers
Bruce

JHojka:
I switched from IIS to filezilla at the server. This has resolved all of my issues so far. Time will tell.

Jeff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version