NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Thread pool crash  (Read 2139 times)

markster

• View Profile
    • Email
Thread pool crash
« on: March 09, 2015, 02:50:54 PM »
Bruce, I had hoped that the ThreadPool problem I have been having would be fixed in 8.40, but it persists. Here's the issue: I have my ThreadHandlerPoolThread window and configuration setup just as in the Mixed SSL example file (Web8). I compile and run Web8 and it works fine.

I compile and run my app and it crashes at the beginning of the first thread call made to WebHandler, at the second line of code: p_web.ProcessRequest(p_ReqString). I use Clarion's debug to trace that call through to the NetWeb.cla procedure being called: NetWebServerWorker.PerfStartThread and find that the crash occurs on the last line of that code (NetWeb.cla - line #13437): return self.RequestData.Webserver.Performance.NumberOfThreads.

I've enclosed a screen shot showing the crash point and the Clarion exception. I don't know what else I can do to find the problem. If you ask me to make an example app, I don't see how that's possible as it would require my entire MSSQL database along the main app, dll's, web folder stuff, etc, etc, etc...

Can you offer any clue?

Regards,

Mark

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Thread pool crash
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 12:34:15 AM »
Hi Mark,

The crash on that line suggests that the pointer to the server object is set incorrectly.
you could try sending me the CLW's for;
a) the webServer procedure
b) the PoolThreadWindow procedure
and I'll have a look - but without an example to duplicate the effect it may be hard to spot.

Incidentally using the debug runtime DLL, and compiling in Debug mode, would have made the GPF more informative.

cheers
Bruce