NetTalk Central

Author Topic: PDF problem with characters  (Read 1902 times)

TomD

• View Profile
    • Email
PDF problem with characters
« on: February 27, 2015, 02:43:39 AM »
Hello everyone,

I have a problem with polish characters in pdf file.
I am using a report procedure with SV report to pdf extension to serve a pdf document to the end user.
Pdf file is served but if it contains some polish characters like "ą" or "ę" then they are translated to "a", "e".
I tried to use examples 17(FRB report extension) and 13(SV Report to pdf) but both generate the same effect.
Somewhere in this forum I've found an answer that the solution could be PDF tools from tracker software (i'm not sure which one exactly) but my boss will probably hunt me down if I tell him to spend over 1000$ for "ąśćźż".
Any help is greatly appreciated.

My settings in webserver procedure are:
Charset: 'utf-8'
Store data as: Central Europe
These two are working fine on my web app.

I'am using:
Clarion 8
NetTalk 7.39

Help

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: PDF problem with characters
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 11:24:27 PM »
Hi Tom,

If you look at the report itself - like in a desktop app - where you see the report in a previewer, before it goes to PDF - do the characters there look ok?

If not then you need to set the Charset of the font on your report procedure. If they are ok in the report then the problem is in the Charset that the PDF is converting to. Unfortunately I don't know what you can do there as i don't use that PDF converter myself. But the source is all there so you should be able to track it down.

cheers
Bruce

TomD

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 11:30:40 PM »
Thanks for answer Bruce.
In a previewer characters looks ok so the problem is indeed charset that the pdf is converting to.
Can You tell me please what pdf converter do You use?

But the source is all there so you should be able to track it down.
Could You clarify this one. Did You mean that i could inspect sv converter's code?

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 01:25:09 AM »
>> Could You clarify this one. Did You mean that i could inspect sv converter's code?

absolutely.

>> Can You tell me please what pdf converter do You use?

I use the PDF-Tools product from Tracker.

cheers
Bruce