NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Image not showing on 2+ tab  (Read 4283 times)

willieb

• View Profile
    • Email
Image not showing on 2+ tab
« on: February 18, 2015, 05:34:16 AM »
Hi,

I have a Update window opened in by "popup" method with 3 tabs.

On 1st tab I have a Image, and its displaying like it should, on the 3rd tab, I also have a image(different image), it's not showing after opening the window(updating the record).  When I use the "file Upload" control to upload a new image, it shows, but when I close the update window and reopen, the images does not show.

I done all the tests and could not get the images to show on the 2nd or 3rd tabs.  I added the image on the 1st tab and it's displayed.

Have anyone found the same problem?

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Image not showing on 2+ tab
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 03:12:31 AM »
Hi willie,

probably best if you post an example.

cheers
Bruce

willieb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 03:36:25 AM »
Bruce,

use this link => http://41.76.215.145:18531
Username = TEST
Password = TEST

Play with it as you like, it's a test user

I also attached a app to look at, the relevant procedure is "Update_Flowers"

Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

Keith

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 02:08:34 PM »
Hi Willieb

Are you sure you are Saving the Form after uploading the new photo.  If you don't then the record on disk wont contain the new flower file name and therefore wont be displayed when you go back to that record.

Keith
Clarion 10.0.0 build 12799
NetTalk 9.31
StringTheory 2.65
InsightGraphing 2.27

willieb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 09:09:06 PM »
Hi Keith,

thank you for the input, yes I save the record after uploading.  After I open the window(update), the file paths is shown for the images but not the image.  And I checked the server, the images is on the server.

Keith

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 12:00:45 PM »
Hi Willieb

I have posted re a similar problem (the post immediately before yours) - 'Cannot display an image'.  The image displays work ok locally (http://127.0.0.1) but not remotely.

My other comment is that as regards file uploads I found that if you didn't want to change the file name then the process worked out of the box.  However once I added code to ensure that the name was unique I ran into a variety of problems the major one is that the file rename code is executed twice (oh, you need to be on at least NT 8.33 because it fixed a bug).  Bruce explains this in the thread.

There seemed (for me) to be issues with the options chosen in the template and my code but I went through so many iterations that the detail of what didn't work are lost so I could not say that there are bugs (and I haven't the time or will to redo it all).

Anyway, what I have now boils down to a display issue on a particular server which implies that there is some problem there with the setup and it may not be related to your issue.

I am just saying this to point you to discussions around the topic - it may be of no use .

Lastly, I couldn't get the Flower Form to display in the Test - got the Browse and that's all.

Cheers

Keith
Clarion 10.0.0 build 12799
NetTalk 9.31
StringTheory 2.65
InsightGraphing 2.27

willieb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 08:55:13 PM »
Keith,

I am on the latest Nettalk version - 8.35

You could have experienced problems opening the update while I was busy trying to get past this problem.  The far left column of the record is a "update button" you should get to the form when clicking on that.

I also found that the source renaming the file was running twice and have since removed all the renaming code and just left the re-sizing part.

The problem still remains of the images not being displayed on the 3rd tab.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 02:15:52 AM »
Hi Willie,

can you post some data please. I'm running the app ok, but I don't have groups, so can't add flowers. Perhaps you can post some sample data files?

cheers
Bruce

willieb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 09:00:00 PM »
Bruce,  here is some data.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 11:11:09 PM »
Hi Willie,

ok, this is one of those places where the use of a file field and the use of a session value get a bit complex.

Note: In 8.37 I've made a tweak so that if the "field" matches the "image" setting it's a bit smarter. So if you want to wait for that there's nothing to do.

the root of your problem is that forms deal in Session Values, not field values. So setting the "Image" to say Flo:PhotoFlower is technically incorrect. It would be better to have there;
p_web.GSV('Flo:PhotoFlower')

If you had some other expression there then you definitely would want to use session values.

I've made it smarter for 8.37 though. If the Image matches the field (or the Image setting is blank) then your intent is clear, and so it'll do the SessionValue stuff for you.

cheers
Bruce

willieb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 12:40:30 AM »
Bruce,

thanks for the effort & help.  I will experiment and come back with my findings!!

willieb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 03:53:44 AM »
Just replying my findings.

Using

p_web.GSV('Flo:PhotoFlower')

instead of

Flo:PhotoFlower

worked.  And also after the latest update. (Thanks Bruce)

I also added the test Bruce suggested to Keith's post because mine re-sized & renamed the files twice, which gave more problems.