NetTalk Central

Author Topic: WebServer SQL Login Issue  (Read 2503 times)

jtailleur

• View Profile
    • Email
WebServer SQL Login Issue
« on: January 30, 2015, 07:05:24 AM »
Hi All,

Not sure quite how to tackle this one.  I have a small webserver I am testing, and have it all working great.  I have a separate login procedure that reads login information from an SQL table.  The webserver happily connects and opens the table; gets the security information, etc.

The issue, is that nightly, this server gets reset (not under my control).  The webserver, for some reason, leaves the connection up once someone logs in, and once that connection is killed, I can no longer log in.  I have to restart the webserver.  Any thoughts on how to handle this disconnect?

Joe.

jtailleur

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: WebServer SQL Login Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 07:46:48 AM »
Ok; well, apparently the secret is to use a PROP:Disconnect before Opening the file.  That way it ensures Clarion "Connects" again.

It seems to work very reliably now. 

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 10:54:37 PM »
good tip - thanks Joe.

kevin plummer

• View Profile
    • Production Accounting and Software Payroll
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 04:17:01 PM »
Hi Joe,

as a side note, also have a look at the tips for SQL for MARS and Busyhandling if you haven't set that up yet. If it is a highly threaded app you may also need to use SQLTimeout to stop deadly embraces on your SQL server.

Cheers,

Kevin

astahl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 03:54:47 AM »
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the tip.  I have been struggling since November with this issue. Every morning I had to restart my NT Server before clients would get online!

Thanks again,

Ashley