NetTalk Central

Author Topic: signature problem v7.20  (Read 2214 times)

cwtart

• View Profile
    • CommPay Software
    • Email
signature problem v7.20
« on: August 22, 2013, 04:23:09 PM »
I am trying to add a signature control to a run-of-the mill memory form. The memory form is called from another memory form via a button control. The called form with the signature control only has 3 display controls, 2 of which show text and the other one is a horizontal line, and the save and cancel buttons.

If I call the form with the signature control as a popup none of the controls on the form are not displayed - not even the save and cancel buttons - only the bare form itself. If I call the form as not-popup all displays fine. So the signature control totally crashes the form when it is a popup, but works fine as not-popup.

So I tried to modify example 75 to show this behavior but I cannot make a form in example 75 popup - even though the MailBox form is supposed to be a popup it will not display as a popup, only a flat normal form.

So there are two problems here - my problem with the signature control and the problem with example 75 not displaying a popup form as a popup.

Chuck

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: signature problem v7.20
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 09:20:16 PM »
>> example 75 not displaying a popup form as a popup.

_Global_ Extensions.
Second NetTalk Global Extension (Activate NetTalk Web Server)
Advanced Tab
Popups (Should be Default, currently set to No).

That switch is there for testing purposes, sometimes it gets left on in shipping examples - sorry.

cheers
Bruce

cwtart

• View Profile
    • CommPay Software
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 05:39:46 AM »
Bruce,

I have created an example that shows the problem - I have modified Signature Example 75. I have added my memory form that is called from a button (My_Button) on the MailBoxFormControl form.

On my form (inv_tech_sale_form) there is the signature control and two display controls. The first display control is related to the problem - when "TechSale_Disclaimer" display control is on the form the problems arise. When that display control is removed there is no problem. When the signature control is removed there is no problem. So some interaction between "TechSale_Disclaimer" and the signature control is causing the problem.

The problem is much more severe when added to your example then it is in my app - in your example, my memory form will not even display and causes other buttons to loose their functions.

Hope you can track this down.

Chuck

[attachment deleted by admin]

cwtart

• View Profile
    • CommPay Software
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 06:16:12 AM »
Bruce,

Another question here in addition to my problem - if there is no signature the length of the signature string is always 3, meaning Len(Clip(SignatureString)) = 3. Is this because "Z{}" is still being added to the string?

Chuck

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 09:27:57 PM »
>> Is this because "Z{}" is still being added to the string?

correct. Z{} or Y{} depending on your nettalk build.

Regarding the example;
a) the inv_tech_sale_form doesn't work at all in this app because it has "Must be loggin in" set on. I set that off for further testing.

b) Firebug reports an error when the form is opened - the Signature foed is getting two id's (which is obviously not allowed). this is caused by the loc:javascript field not being cleared at the top of the Value::Signature routine. I've corrected this for the next build - you can fix it in your code as well by putting
loc:javascript = ''
somewhere in the routine before the call to
packet = clip(packet) & p_web.CreateInput('hidden','Signature',p_web.GetSessionValue('Signature'),loc:fieldclass,loc:readonly,clip(loc:extra) & ' ' & clip(loc:autocomplete),,loc:javascript,,,'Signature')  & p_web.CRLF
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 11:38:55 PM by Bruce »

cwtart

• View Profile
    • CommPay Software
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 02:19:06 AM »
Thanks Bruce - will do as you suggest.

Chuck