NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Can SessionID go in a URL on a button  (Read 2301 times)

bekeland

• View Profile
Can SessionID go in a URL on a button
« on: August 01, 2008, 10:20:32 AM »
I have a form with a set of tabs, on one tab several buttons.  Each button calls a browse, like 'BrowseOfficers'.  So in the URL field for the button is 'BrowseOfficers'.  Can I have something like 'BrowseOfficers?SessionID=<<!-- Net:s:SessionID -->'?  I've tried that and it compiles, but it doesn't work.  It puts some extra stuff like name="SessionID" value="sessionidvalue" in the delivered page and the button text is messed up.

What is happening is that I have a server that gets called from another site through an I-Frame.  When they log in to my app, my buttons don't work properly.  The GET request log in my server app is missing the data that has the SessionID in it.  If I go directly to my server without using this other party's I-Frame, I can log in, and my buttons that call these browses work just fine.  But working through this I-Frame I can't consistently call these browses. 

It seems that if I can add the SessionID to the 'BrowseOfficers' in my URL in the form, I could work around whatever is happening.  Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Brian Ekeland

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Can SessionID go in a URL on a button
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 10:20:42 PM »
Hi Brian,

You're on the right track. You've just got too much stuff on the line. Try

BrowseOfficers?<!-- Net:s:SID-->

Cheers
Bruce

bekeland

• View Profile
Re: Can SessionID go in a URL on a button
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 12:48:08 PM »
Thanks, Bruce.  We switched some stuff around to not use the I-Frame, so this turned to a moot point.  However, I'll remember this one for the future as that is helpful.