NetTalk Central

Author Topic: problems with signature  (Read 2758 times)

cwtart

• View Profile
    • CommPay Software
    • Email
problems with signature
« on: August 07, 2013, 11:17:49 AM »
NT 7.18

I have a memory form that works fine until I add a signature control - then the form locks up when displayed. It looks like the css has been partially removed, or something similar as the save and cancel buttons loose their jquery look and have no affect - the window is locked.

I can create a similar result by modifying example 75 but it is not consistent - I am not sure what I am doing to cause the problem to appear.

Form is fine without signature, locks up with signature.

Chuck

cwtart

• View Profile
    • CommPay Software
    • Email
Re: problems with signature
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 12:02:04 PM »
Attached is the modified example (75) that displays the problem.

I have added a new mailbox record where the name is "D" - just the letter D. When you click edit on this record the MailboxesFormControl will lockup - save and cancel buttons loose their style and have no effect - the form is locked up.

The problem happens _every_ time I access the "D" record - the other records in Mail Boxes appear to work fine. I have changed the theme to Redmond but the problem happened with the example original theme also.

This modified example displays the same exact problem as my own app - when I add a signature control.

Chuck

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 01:07:35 AM »
This effect occurs whenever there is a error on the page sufficient to make the parser stop parsing.
The way to identify the error is to open firebug, navigate to the problem page, and see the error reported in the console.

In this case it is "JSON Parse, unexpected character".

Then it got really technical to figure out what was wrong. (Ultimately it boiled down to the fact that your signature flowed outside the signature box.) But it's a good catch, and I was able to tweak the code so it's still backwards compatible, and sorts out the issue going forward as well.

update in 7.19

cheers
Bruce

cwtart

• View Profile
    • CommPay Software
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 07:09:32 AM »
Bruce,

So I experience the same problem, where the form locks up, with a signature control on the form but there is no signature - so there could be no part of the signature that flowed outside of the control. What could cause that?

Chuck

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 09:59:11 AM »
impossible to say. But the error reported by the Firebug Console (as described above) will tell you (or, if you paste the error here at least give me a clue.)

cheers
Bruce

cwtart

• View Profile
    • CommPay Software
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 05:36:14 AM »
Bruce,

Okay - have used Firebug.

Returns this error:

TypeError: $(...).ntsignature is not a function
http://127.0.0.1:881/job_record_qc_add_form?&PressedButton=change_btn
Line 660

I have a memory form with a button that calls another memory form - the 2nd memory form works fine _until_ I add a signature control. When the signature control is added the form locks up and all styles are removed.

I don't know much about Firebug but I was able to find the error message.

Hope this helps.

Chuck

cwtart

• View Profile
    • CommPay Software
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 05:42:27 AM »
Bruce,

In addition to the error message shown in my last post, here is the line that the error is found:

$("#Local__QCSignature").ntsignature({clearButton:1,clearIcon:"ui-icon-arrowrefresh-1-w",jQueryButton:1,clearText:"Clear",width:200,height:60,lineWidth:0});

The above is line 660 as reported by Firebug.

Chuck

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 08:25:58 AM »
tricky. Any chance of an example app?

cwtart

• View Profile
    • CommPay Software
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 10:54:18 AM »
Bruce,

Turns out I was using outdated script files in the script folder.

I stripped everything out of the form that was causing the problem except the signature control - still had problem. So I knew it was not my code. So I ask myself, why does the example (75) not exhibit the same problem? I figured it had to be one or more script files. So I copied the script files from the example folder and put them in my app web folder - and the problem was fixed.

So I looked at the CopyAll.bat and GZipAll.bat in my app web folder - they were both date stamped with a create date of 05/28/2013 - compared to the date stamp of 08/03/2013 in the example folder.

I foolishly was installing NetTalk upgrades but neglecting to also copy the two .bat files to my web app folder. I will not make that mistake again.

Thanks for your time.

Chuck