NetTalk Central

Author Topic: abc / multi dll  (Read 16204 times)

nsitau

• View Profile
    • North Shore I.T. Services - Database Consulting Programming Web and Business Email Hosting Services
abc / multi dll
« on: June 23, 2007, 01:24:27 AM »

nettalk 4.25

pretty standard tps / multidll app /abc

emailing functionality in an update from, a code routine is called from takecompleted.

Its failing, nothing being sent. MessageSent/Error Trap are not being called it seems.  The example program is working nicely.

Richard Bryce
www.nsitau.com (or www.northshoreit.com.au, changed recently)

Richard

nsitau

• View Profile
    • North Shore I.T. Services - Database Consulting Programming Web and Business Email Hosting Services
Re: abc / multi dll
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 12:06:26 AM »
all fixed..

regarding NetEmailSend and NetEmailReceive, the following bit of the manual could be pointed out a little bit more....

"Note: If the object's window is closed before the Close() method is called, any incoming data in the NetTalk DLL will not get to the object as the object is closed when the window closes. NetTalk does not guarantee that data waiting in the NetTalk DLL will be sent, after the object is closed down (e.g. the window closed). This means that when using the Email and News objects you still need to keep the windows open until the MessageSent() or the ErrorTrap() methods have been called. This is because of the mail protocol behaves in a synchronous fashion. i.e. a command is sent and a reply is given before the next command is sent. So closing the window before the mail has finished being sent may not guarantee that the mail will be sent."

Richard Bryce
www.nsitau.com
Richard