NetTalk Central

Author Topic: NetWebServiceMethod Template issues.  (Read 2718 times)

Rob Kolanko

• View Profile
NetWebServiceMethod Template issues.
« on: August 17, 2015, 11:02:55 AM »
Hello Bruce,

I trying to learn web services with the WEB77 example.  When I compile the program for the first time, Clarion upgrades the application to version 10, in the process I get a message that a templates missing from the registry will be removed. I do not have the JFiles template. Nevertheless the program compiles and works with the accompanying CLIENT app. Next, I open and save the WEB77 dbCustomer procedure without making any changes to the procedure and recompile, the program still works OK. Next save, close, and open the WEB77 app and recompile again, now the Customer ID parameter does not work to retrieve one customer record using the dbCustomer procedure. All GETs  from the CLIENT app on the dbCustomer database returns the whole table. Also I can see from the clarion source that the code for the filter on the view is missing.  Now open the dbCustomer procedure again, select Actions, Parameters tab, and the Customer Parameter. Now press the OK buttons all the way through the dialogs and recompile, then WEB 77 dbCustomer procedure will work properly again. But just save, close, open and recompile the app, the dbCustomer procedure code is regenerated without the Customer ID parameter filter again.  Using NT 8.59.

Rob
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 11:21:38 AM by Rob Kolanko »

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NetWebServiceMethod Template issues.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 10:16:01 PM »
Hi Rob,

it's ok if you don't have jFiles - the app will still work ok. The jFiles global extension is dropped when you open the app, but that's no big deal.

I'm not sure what's going on with the filter, but that sounds like an IDE thing. I'll try here and see if I can duplicate, but at first glance I'm not confident it's something I can affect.

cheers
Bruce

Rob Kolanko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 07:30:33 AM »
Hi Bruce,
If this is not an isolated problem in this app, then it is fairly serious because recompiling clarion applications would not give a reproducible result. Thus I think it has to be in the template or how clarion is interrupting the template.   I have upgraded to the most recent version of Clarion 10 (11897) and the problem still exists. I have uploaded the web77 and client apps. A recap:
1) Compile  web77 and client apps,
2) With client app, use dbCustomer to get customer ID 10. It may  return the list the of customers, or customer 10.
3) In the web77 app, open the dbCustomer procedure. select Actions, Parameters tab, and the Customer Parameter. Now press the OK buttons all the way through the dialogs and recompile.
4) With client app, use dbCustomer to get customer ID 10. It will return customer 10.
5) Save and close web77. Open web77 and compile. Here is the scary part, you will see clarion generate web77002.clw again for no reason without the customer ID parameter and filter in the code, even though the settings are still in the templates and you have not touched them.

Rob

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 11:09:35 PM »
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the instructions. I think I've narrowed it down to a template bug, which is fixed for the 8.60 release.

Cheers
Bruce