NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Browse with child Form  (Read 2027 times)

bergsj

• MSN Messenger - swjvandenberg@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Browse with child Form
« on: October 27, 2008, 06:58:52 AM »
Hi there!

I would like to have a form as a child on a browse. So let's say I have an order browse with a lot of information but I only have a handfull of fields I want to place on the browse. The other fields I want to place on a form (for viewing only) below the browse. So when I click on a row in the browse the fields inside the form/view have to tag along.
How can I do that? I have tried to most obvious way to put the update form as a child of the order browse, but that does not work.

Thanks!
Sjoerd

Greetz,
Sjoerd

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Browse with child Form
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 07:08:56 AM »
Hi Sjoerd,

>> I would like to have a form as a child on a browse.

Yes, this seems like an obvious thing to do, and something I started looking into in example #5 (which doesn't work).

It turns out to be a seriously non-trivial thing to implement, because of the way the architecture works. At the moment it's one of those cases where the "simple" is really not simple under the skin. I might be able to make it work in NetTalk 5, but at this stage I' making no promises.

One possible work-around is to use a NetWebSource rather than a netWebForm. This (unfortunately) means you have to code the html yourself, but is more-or-less the only option right now.

Cheers
Bruce

bergsj

• MSN Messenger - swjvandenberg@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Browse with child Form
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 11:44:04 AM »
Bruce,

Do you have some examples of this manual option you're talking about since this is my only option right now?
Greetz,
Sjoerd