NetTalk Central

Author Topic: How can I send and receive a file to and from a website  (Read 3263 times)

gary hall

• View Profile
    • Email
How can I send and receive a file to and from a website
« on: September 06, 2007, 01:03:29 PM »
I have just purchased NetTalk 4 and need to send a data file (or I could just send text from a program) to a website.  I will already have the web page opened from inside my clarion program.  I have looked in the examples (GetandPutFile) but it is for a server, not a website.  Any suggestions on where and how to find out how to do this?  Is there an example file somewhere.  I am using Clarion 6.3

Wolfgang Orth

• View Profile
    • oData Wolfgang Orth
Re: How can I send and receive a file to and from a website
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 12:18:59 PM »
Hello Gary,

the website you want to send a file to does not run using a Nettalk-webserver?

Does this server have have a FTP-server running? Websites usualy have such FTP running, as they need to be uploaded once in a while. You use that same technique with Nettalk.

If FTP is possible then you can easily send back and forth from inside your Clarion app to that server. Sending TO a remote site always require to run a server over there. Receiving (iow downloading) a file can be done vice versa, but with FileExplorer also. http://www.capesoft.com/accessories/fileexplorer.htm#FeatureList

hth
Wolfgang

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How can I send and receive a file to and from a website
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 03:19:20 AM »
Hi Gary,

You have a number of options, but the technique you use will depend on what the server is wanting. How does the server want you to upload the file?

Typically you might use FTP, but a common alternative is via a HTTP POST.

Knowing what the server wants will help to point you in the right direction.

Cheers
Bruce