NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Upload - Rename - Store New Path & Filename In Data Base  (Read 1956 times)

zdpl0a

• View Profile
    • Email
Upload - Rename - Store New Path & Filename In Data Base
« on: August 20, 2011, 04:33:28 PM »
Hi Folks,

I need to upload documents atttached with any given order. When I just use the upload dialogue the documents get placed in my web\uploads folders just fine and the data base field is updated.

When I go through the Rename embed and use the RenameFile procedure, the uploaed document is
placed where I want it.  (note under the web).  I needed to use he customer number to make a path and the order number with the document extension added to make a file name.  Again, it is where I need it to be placed.

However, the field in my data base is only updated for the last 5 characters. 
Example s:\uploads\964\39482.jpg  is only be recorded in the data base field as 82.jpg

A message for both the filename and the path are fine.  In the form field I have p_name = 'vti:documentpath'
which is also the field on the form with the lookup.

I have to be mssing somehting.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Upload - Rename - Store New Path & Filename In Data Base
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 11:19:15 PM »
Best to submit a small example with the effect. Debugging code (and it clearly sounds like a code error) based on your description of the code is very difficult. It's a lot easier if one can run the app and see the effect in action.

cheers
Bruce

zdpl0a

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Upload - Rename - Store New Path & Filename In Data Base
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 03:08:24 AM »
Thanks Bruce,

I'll get to the image on the web server adifferent way for now.  I wrote the company standards, I'll break them.

The app is too big and the files are too big to package. I'll worry about it after I move it to Clarioin 8 in a few months.

Dave