NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Launch Single Line Item Report From Browse or View Only Form  (Read 3159 times)

zdpl0a

• View Profile
    • Email
Launch Single Line Item Report From Browse or View Only Form
« on: August 23, 2007, 03:53:11 PM »
Hi All,

I have a browse with about 900 current orders (rows) in it.  I need to print a report based on an order number column found in each row.

I have the print button as a column in each row. 

I need to know where to place the order number into the session q so I can access it in the report for proper single item printing.

The report works fine mechanically,.  However, the order number being accesses is the last one in the browse - previous page.. so I obviously not loading  the session value properly.

Can someone help me setup the order number so  the proper one is passed the the report ?  Also, is there a clean way to place a submit button on  a View Only form to generate the report without writing too much Java?

THanks,

Dave

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Launch Single Line Item Report From Browse or View Only Form
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 12:34:26 AM »
Hi Dave,

a) for the button, tick on the template option "Include Row ID field".

b) The unique id o the browse line is now passed to the report as a "Value" (ie as a parameter.) In the report you can access it using the _value_ Queue, not the session Queue. for example

if  not p_Web &= Null
  loc:emp = p_web.GetValue('emp:id')
End

In the above example you'd then filter your report on loc:emp

Cheers
Bruce

PS Please avoid putting multiple questions in 1 thread, it can make the discussion confusing.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Launch Single Line Item Report From Browse or View Only Form
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 12:36:21 AM »
Hi Dave,

>> Also, is there a clean way to place a submit button on  a View Only form to generate the report without writing too much JavaScript?

I'm not sure if the button should be a "Submit" button, because typically you'd want the report to open in it's own window. But that's for you to decide.

To place a button on a Form use the Display form field type, and click the "button" option on.

cheers
Bruce