NetTalk Central

Author Topic: How to set focus on Login Button  (Read 2625 times)

AZIS350

• View Profile
    • Email
How to set focus on Login Button
« on: December 14, 2010, 07:09:01 AM »
I'm creating a login screen with the standard userid and password fields. In addition, I have a 'Register' button for new accounts. Whether I create a register button, or a URL link, in either case if the user hits ENTER on that screen it will default to the register button (or URL link) instead of the Login Button. So, is there a way to focus on the Login button so that if the client hits enter after entering their userid/password, it defaults to the Login and not to the Register? Thanks.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to set focus on Login Button
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 07:24:57 AM »
Make sure the Register button does not have the "default button" option ticked on.

cheers
Bruce

AZIS350

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: How to set focus on Login Button
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 01:13:04 PM »
Unfortunately I checked that already and it never did. It seems no matter order I place it on the field list, the enter key (which I know end-users are going to hit sometimes instead of clicking on the Login button) always selects this 'Register' button I created. So I thought a URL link would work better, but same thing when enter is hit - regardless of order position on the field list. Is there a way to specify to make the Login button the default button perhaps, or any other solution? Thanks Bruce.