NetTalk Central

Author Topic: record not found: (-2) Error 30: Entry Not Found from key KAN:PK_SysID  (Read 1986 times)

AvanIeperen

• View Profile
    • Email
Using Clarion 9.1 and NetTalk 7.39.

This error only occurs when i open 2 tabs in the same internet browser. On both tabs i go to the same browse. On tab 1 i press the change record button. The form opens. No error. On tab 2 i change a record. The form opens and shows the error "record not found: (-2) Error 30: Entry Not Found from key KAN:PK_SysID". If i press cancel and try again, the error is gone.

KAN:PK_SysID is the primary key for a topspeed file. The key has one field KAN:SysID which is autoincremented. It's set for both the browse and the form.

When the error occurs the field and session value for KAN:SysID are blank. Trying to fetch a record with ID 0 (blank) is what causes the error. I can't find what causes the session value to get set to blank.

I tried different internet browsers, same problem. I also tried the accounts (31) example, it shows the same error.

I hope someone can show me what is wrong and how to fix it. It's probably rare that a single user opens two tabs in the same internet browser and tries to open a record in the same browse in both tabs, but i can't expect this to never happen.

Robert Iliuta

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: record not found: (-2) Error 30: Entry Not Found from key KAN:PK_SysID
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 02:21:23 AM »
Hallo,

<<This error only occurs when i open 2 tabs in the same internet browser.
This is an expected behavior. You cannot open the same application on the same browser simultaneous. (on different tabs) The latest session you open become primary. Did you try with different browsers? do you get the same effect?
Also this situations has been solve in NetTalk 8. If it's trivial for you then you must upgrade.

Regards,
Robert

AvanIeperen

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: record not found: (-2) Error 30: Entry Not Found from key KAN:PK_SysID
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 03:12:36 AM »
It works fine with two different browsers.

I didn't know this was expected behaviour. Now i have another reason to upgrade to NetTalk 8.  :)