NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Unique key with two components no longer working  (Read 2075 times)

Alan Telford

• View Profile
Unique key with two components no longer working
« on: February 02, 2009, 06:10:43 PM »
I've been using browses which have unique keys which have two components.
A parentId and a ChildId (autonumber).
A browse/form on this table was working in earlier versions but I've noticed it not longer works.

e.g. one table "Uni_BranchMachine" has a single unique key "UniBM_pk_BranchMachine" with two field: uniBM:Id_Branch + uniBM:MachineNumber

I notice that when I click on the change button I get a
GET /browseuni_updatemachine?&_ParentProc=&_Clicked=1&id=uniBM:Id_Branch&Value=3&_=

but to uniquely identify the row, it needs to have
uniBM:id_Branch=51 and uniBM:MachineNumber=3

For some reason it is only using the 2nd key component (machinenumber=3), and then it tried to lookup the record by setting the 1st key component to the value of the 2nd key component.

Please can you confirm --- are unique multi-component keys supported? (it was working fine in an earlier version April last year).

Note - you can reproduce in e.g. web31 accounts by changing the BrowseLineItems to use the dual component LIN:InvKey (which is unique).

Regards,
Alan Telford

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Unique key with two components no longer working
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 06:28:13 AM »
Hi Alan,

>> Please can you confirm --- are unique multi-component keys supported? (it was working fine in an earlier version April last year).

at the moment they're not officially supported. If they work, or worked before, it's by accident not design.

I have a goal in mind to support multi-component keys, but it's not at the top of the list at the moment.

Cheers
Bruce