NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Auto Inc record remains after insertion is cancelled  (Read 2212 times)

GFasolt

• View Profile
    • GFasolt.com
    • Email
Auto Inc record remains after insertion is cancelled
« on: February 01, 2010, 02:29:11 PM »
It appears that when a user cancels an insertion that the incomplete Auto Inc record is left in the table. Of course, this results in an error the next time an insertion is attempted.

Must I attend to this record myself or is there perhaps a template setting that I've overlooked?

Stu

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Auto Inc record remains after insertion is cancelled
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 04:30:09 PM »
Hey hey.

In my experience, it's usually something to do with a couple of checkboxes in the Form.

In the "Advanced" tab (snagit'd an image, but didn't realise i couldn't upload it here), there are the two flags, "Prime Auto Inc if necessary", and "Prime Auto Inc even if not necessary".

Check those two. If you want absolutely no priming, uncheck them. Although if you use the ID field for anything within the form, you'll want it primed.

Cheers,

Stu Andrews
http://stuandrews.com
Cheers,

Stu Andrews

GFasolt

• View Profile
    • GFasolt.com
    • Email
Re: Auto Inc record remains after insertion is cancelled
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 05:15:07 PM »
Hi Stu,

Thanks for your reply. I do have the first one checked, and no doubt that is why I'm getting the empty record.

Currently I have a many to many browse on the form, for which I need the identity from the parent. I'll try moving that child off of the form so I can eliminate the need for the identity.

Thanks for switching on that light bulb.